Read 69 comments as:
Filter By
I personally read both so that I get a balanced perspective. Both of them have something to provide if you approach it with a genuinely open mind.
Journalism Lesson 101: โ€œIf someone says it is raining & another person says it is dry, it is not your job to quote them both. Your job is to look out of the f**king window and find out which is true.โ€

Same applies to us, readers as well. Reading both Wire and OpIndia doesn't necessarily make you neutral/more informed.
Nice, go on and continue to read just either one of them and take their word to be true... Whichever suits your opinions.... and 'feel' that you're extremely well informed.
Slow claps

This is the solution. You can run to sites of every incidence to check if it's dry or raining. Masterstroke mudiji.
You need to arrive there fast enough too. Otherwise dead bodies are being doctored these days to be portrayed as terrorists, as the NE massacre revealed.
Assuming you're not from the NE, looks like you have supernatural abilities to look at what's happening there and even identify bodies lying there and concluding who they are. Or you read the news from different sites and figure out what exactly happened. But guessing that's a lot of work for you, you would prefer to read from one source which strengthen's your biases and prejudices against a political party and their activities.
GG
Point taken. However, the world isn't black and white and in binary like looking out of the window and reporting the weather. Given that it's more intersectional and interconnected, you need to gather perspectives from different POV. I'd rather believe someone who has read both Swarajya and the Wire and have arguements in favour and against a certain topic rather than someone who has read just one side and from one perspective.
I used to use this arguement to lecture conservatives but looks like liberals today are as bigoted as anyone else so here goes.

My personal reading goes - reading The Print, The Wire and then Swarajya. Personally found it to be more holistic and I'm less triggered after reading something because I have different perspectives which doesn't allow me to get so emotionally attached to one POV. OPindia is weird but sometimes I've found valid perspectives from the far right.

In this hyperpolarised world, it's absolutely essential for everyone to read things from across the political spectrum.
You should read the Onion also with an open mind to balance this perspective
The trouble with having a genuinely open mind is that you don't know what is going to walk in and squat.
...and yes...a genuinely open mind is suitable to an era of wonderment and age of discovery. Not in an age where everything is discovered and now it's transitioning into grabbing land and mindspace. In this age, one needs to be strong-headed and start finalizing personal principles to start taking action.
From Google-
bigot /หˆbษชษกษ™t/
noun
"a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction"

Y'all are the first ones to call people from the other end as bigots. Looks like you both are not so different after all.
Very well said.. I actually look at different media to get d proper perspective.. Wire being extreme left & OpIndia being extreme right, I also follow IndiaToday, NDTV & TimesNow.. Sometimes Wire feels completely hippocrite & sometimes OpIndia feels spreading fake news.. Those who r preaching OpIndia shud b shut down also preach freedom of speech at d same time. Let d ppl decide what dey want to read. Dnt b hippocrite!!
That is psychotic. One of them is a multi-award winning journalism and one has been caught thousands of times spreading disinformation and islamaphobic rhetoric. Guess which one's which
It will be 'them' again! Btw who is the opposition leader or party in UP??! Isn't it already a win for 'them', when certain section of the society is more concerned about defeating 'them' instead of focusing on winning the election.

Stop reading news from any platform, ask your house-help, talk to policemen, soldiers, bankers, auto drivers, home makers and teachers. You will understand where our country is heading and whom should be trusted as a leader.
Censoring OPIndia because it caters to something that you deem to be bigotry....then Munawar's censorship should be valid because another group felt his speech was offensive and had to be censored.

Paraphrasing and summarising the judgement against banning Salman Rushdie's book- "if you don't like something, just don't read it".
Munawar's censorship IS currently being considered valid. Have you seen any challenges against it before a court of law?
What's surprising in this? Democracy = will of the majority. The current ruling political dispensation stands for a certain ideology, which is definitely supported by the majority, as shown by the election results (without going into the merits of such ideology). It shouldn't be rocket science then that anyone propagating the same narratives would be more popular in India/ will be aligned with the majority.
Not really. BJP did not get 50% of the votes in any election. So its ideology cannot be said to be supported by the majority of people in this country.
A 42-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Honestly, anybody who wants to prevent this from happening doesn't understand or respect the ' right to freedom of expression'. I am not a fan of OpInidia reportage, but clearly many people don't think like me and it is fine. There should be room for disagreement. How so ever bigoted a person might be, stifling their voice would be tantamount to taking this right away from them.
India is a democracy. People are free to choose what to read and let them do it. You, as a person, have a right to choose not to read OpIndia and you should exercise it. Being worried and looking for measures to prevent others from reading OpIndia content is against the democratic principles.
This is what is so hard to get for people who are clinging to their own version of truth as the absolute reality. Propaganda must fight Propaganda. Swords must fight Swords. Simple as that.
You are wrong my friend. Not twice. Thrice as many views as the Wire. Please correct yourself.
Pal - it is 'known'.....does that stand for your assumptions, or confirmation bias?
This can be prevented by banning The Wire !!!
Only OpIndia will be there, so no competition !!!
Cope and Cry, Last i checked we are living in a democracy where different viewpoints are respected.When US funded wire and print are allowed to publish and Chinese are able to place front page ads in fringe newspapers like the Hindu why opindia should be banned?
Free speech torch bearers on the left are begging to sensor free speech โ€ฆ clap clap clap โ€ฆand a moderator reading each comment and approving / disapproving it โ€ฆ what a bunch of clowns
Simple.
1. Stop your agenda based and biased reporting
2. Rethink your anchors.. all are biased and modi haters to the point of turning anti india. Insufferable. Absolutely insufferable and infuriating.
3. Provide viewers a trustworthy, balanced and above all a staunchly FOR INDIA viewpoint. People who watch opindia, watch it knowing it can sometimes be too right tilted but still find it better than your woke, bigoted, and appeasement agenda driven reporting. Would love to see other sane, balanced and nationalistic views. But you have none.
So...........
A 13-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 19-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 19-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 36-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 54-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 22-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 24-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 23-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 59-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 16-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 17-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.