Read 36 comments as:
Filter By
A 250-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Yes, and the day that you realise that most people making it through the general category are only being able to do so because of generational privilege, that will be the day when you realise why reservation is necessary.
Study a little bit more in law school about why reservation is necessary instead of spending time on LI. Assuming your law school actually teaches that kind of stuff to begin with.
I don't understand this. Are you implying open category (unreserved) is somehow . . . reserved?
Response to that: Do wealthy members of the general category do that?
I like how the automatic subtle seguay you Jindal PR folks make to give Jindal the "best after Tier 1 NLU" tag, while it clearly isn't the best Pvt college with returns to investment ratio smh
An above 10 lakh family income puts you in the top 1% of the country. How's the top 1% "middle"?
Caste based reservations should be replaced by economic affirmative actions. This is Just a perpetual cycle. 70 years after independence and quotas still keep popping up, i wonder how Ambedkar would react to this lunacy lol.
You think India doesn't have social discrimination at present based on caste? Are you for real?
You mean they will make sense to you. They currently make sense to millions of people in the country at present already.
With all your claim for merit, it doesn't really seem that you possess such merit, otherwise you would have actually read the SC decision and realised that it does not apply to several of the categories that you mentioned. Merit seems to be so rarely available these days.
Oh yes.

Have seen a lot of poor General Category kids - and privileged kids having reservation.

The privilege is now an economic thing. Not social. I myself have reservation, but I don't think it's fair.
Quote:
Does the government want them to go to Jindal?
Yes. Welcome to crony capitalism!