Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
Hi guys, I am looking for law colleges in Delhi. I have heard a lot about ALSD (IP) University and the good quality of alumni base they have. However, there is no information available regarding its status after it got de-affiliated from IP University.
https://www.legallyindia.com/lawschools/amity-law-school-delhi-disafilliated-by-parent-ggsip-university-20180612-9386

I wanted to know if they are still taking admissions? What is its future? Is Amity Law School, Noida the only one in the Delhi-NCR region now?

Thanks!
it's definitely not the only law school in Delhi, GGSIPU still has several colleges under it, including USLLS, VIPS etc. You'll also find lots of private unis in gurgaon/noida, like Sharda etc.
Hi,

Amity Law School Delhi (affiliated to GGSIPU) has been shutdown for forthcoming batches since 2017-18. The law school is presently operational only to handover degrees to students who were admitted before the shutting down happened. Only one batch (in their final year) remains in the law school.

Amity Noida is a different institution altogether.
The college started its downward spiral after Rohilla's suicide. It is closing down. The last batch graduates in 2022.

Try out VIPS/Maharaja Agarsen now, if you want a decent Delhi crown and an IP degree. Try CLC/Jindal if you want a decent law degree tbh. If I am being honest, colleges in law are irrelevant after a point in time. It is always going to be your connection and privilege in this profession.

Ps. Decent alum connect? Lol, I have had seniors who haven't replied to my formal Linkedin messages. It is all rosy from the outside.
What's your review for VIPS? It's near Rohini court but imo the batch size is a negative factor. Do law firm even consider students from colleges like vips? Thank you
VIPS is one of the the most recommended Law Schools in Delhi. Law Firms are inducting students directly from the college's placement cell.
What college are you from? I do not think VIPS is good any more. Only around 10 student got a decent figure and a placement out of 400. Good colleges in Delhi NCR are just USLLS, SLS Noida, and Jindal
If you want the best in Delhi NCR (and also among the best in the country) NLU Delhi & Jindal Global Law School are the options.

Better options among law schools/faculty:

DU - CLC for 3-year LLB & 5 year law just started

Jamia

USLLS, GGSIP University campus

Symbiosis Noida

Other okay options if don't get above

VIPS

Amity

Sharda

Galgotia, etc.