Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
I am borrowing this from an earlier discussion of big 4, I understand that the normal compliance role might not pay a lot but what about working in teams like cyber risk, etc. Is there any team of any big 4 that pays upwards of 10L to law graduates?

It's just that I realized that being from a private university, I would not get a job in tier 1 or 2 law firm as they know universities, and you are judged on your universities while big 4 might not know much about law colleges. Moreover, I have practically begged to all the partners on LinkedIn but to no help. Unemployment is lingering over me and I am considering calling that one uncle of mine who is a director in one of these "big 4s" for an internship. I would like to intern in a team that pays decently now that I'll have a choice to work in any team I'd like.

Please let me know which one pays well. Is there any way I could get a decent pay at a Big 4? Not comparable to tier 1 obviously but just decent enough to not completely crush my self esteem
Big 4s generally people law graduates with CS degree for compliance roles.
Quick questions:

a) Have you graduated?
b) Did you intern in a T1 or T2 firm ever?
A) No I haven't graduated, will graduate in 2023
B) No I haven't found any luck in any T1 or T2 ever
Buddy, I'd say try your luck in a T1-T2 firm first, if money is a consideration. Don't write yourself off so early. Of course, Big 4 is a nice backup. Build a solid CV and something or the else would work out. Good luck!
I know, the thing is that I studied everything under the sun on cyber laws, got certifications, and everything that a law student could possibly equip himself with. My RCC is non-existent. I started by applying on my own to all the firms including good tier 2 firms like ikigai, spice route, lexygen, etc but to no good. I texted employees and partners but to no good. Now I am worried about getting employed.
I understand the panic. Things will work out. I think just having interest in cyber laws won't help - perhaps expand your scope to TMT/IP (if you like it). Write good articles and yes, you have to network. Get 1-2 quality internships and I'm sure recruiters will look at your CV favourably. And yes, grades do matter so focus on that as well.
Thank you for the confidence, I’ll try that. Really appreciate the advice and time
Hey, it's not always true that if you are from a provate University you will not get a job in a tier 1/2, considering you are from a decent private university.

You will have to work little more harder, focus on the goal, grab all opportunities that you get in college, like moots etc (as it helps to build your CV).

Also confidence. All the best.
Bro, private colleges do manage placements in t1s and t2s unless you're doing it from an absolutely dead place, try t1s first and t2 firms, I'm sure t2 firms take most people regardless of colleges granted they possess the range of skills.