Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
All of the same are contradictory at some stage. I want a clear answer. When to give SQE, after, before, during or after TC.
What is the shortest route to become a solicitor in UK via the TC route and vac scheme.

Suppose I get a vac scheme at magic cirlce and subsequently also get a TC and I graduate in 2023, when can I move to UK and start working in the firm. SQE I and II are also confusing, with people telling you have to give SQE I before working in Training capacity and that you have to stay in UK for that purpose.

So I have to study in UK for SQE I and also not get to work as a trainee in the firm or whether I have to stay back in India after graduation in 2023 and then study for SQE and then clear in 6-7 months and then move UK for the TC. (In which basically I am wasting a lot of good time) Also whether I can study for SQE I in my fifth year and give the exams.

My Question is very simple. What is the shortest route to start working in a Trainee capacity in a UK based firm for an Indian graduate, given there are others exams one has to pass to become eligible for it.
yeah one mystery, where is Kian!?
Please ask him to review the present moderation policy.
Hi. I had the privilege to attend a few open days of firms based in UK. (Magic Circle, Silver Circle and London offices of US firms). Each firm has a different policy regarding SQE. Most of them allow you to prepare for Part 1 of the SQE remotely but you'll have to go to UK for appearing for the exams. As far as Part 2 is concerned, that is covered within your TC period (Barring Links). Most people think you'll have to stay in UK during the entire SQE procedure which is simply not true.

Also, a lot of the Early Careers teams told me that in case one fails to clear some part of SQE 1, that can be done during the TC as SQE allows for a carry over in the failed subjects in the future attempts (Up till 2-3 attempts ig) but many others simply stated that they wouldn't consider initiating the TC procedure without part 1 having been completed.

Rest assured, the firms are generally very supportive and many also mentioned that they cover the fees for the SQE exam.

There's been a lot of hullabaloo regarding this on LI but most of it is just baseless fear mongering. You can try mailing the graduate recruitment team of the firm's you're interested in. While you're at it, also ask their policy for sponsoring international candidates. This will help you make a list of the firms you want to seriously apply for.
Brexit should really help in boosting the number of solicitors hired from outside the UK due to the changes in policies.

Best of luck! Hope you get a TC!
HEY WHICH YEAR OF LAW SCHOOL, CAN WE ATTEND OPEN DAYS AND CAN YOU PLEASE ELABORATE ON LINKS?DO THEY REQUIRE SQE1 AND SQE2 AND THEN START TC?
Thanks again. Is there any material that you are aware of like pdf, course structure, sites, module to prepare for the interview round (vac scheme).

Thanks mate. It really means a lot to me.