Read 44 comments as:
Filter By
Final year law student here. I was interviewed by a firm which was founded after a split (can't take names, sorry). After the interview, I did not receive any communication regarding the same. I have sent at-least five follow-up emails but they haven't responded. They're not picking up calls either. I tried reaching out to my internship team but they don't seem to have any clue. I have other options, however, I really liked working with the firm, apart from the HR hassles. Please advice.
Is this HR rhyme with kuchbhooo tester.
If yes, lmao she is infamous for doing such things.
Why this is marked as trollish?
Some bunch of kids are moderating legally india now?
@kian?
Coz it's a damn unreliable question kiddo. Msg HR - if you don't get an answer for 2 to 3 weeks or incessant follow ups - shift.

- R
The OP has said that they has already sent 5-6 follow up mails.
I am surr OP is not an idiot who has send them consecutively.
Even assuming a fair gap of 3 days.
It's almost near to 2-3 weeks.
So, when you're moderating such a big platform. Keep the child inside you away from it.

Unreliable question?
Really, i thought it was generic HR issues at law firm.

You've a long life ahead of you, kid.
Can't fucking believe I miss Kian. The guy was at least reasonable and not randomly cocky.

@Kian, come back! We're sorry for ever doubting your intentions! We won't threaten you with DD hell! You're not a sell out!
I swear. I read it twice to understand the trolling part but found none. I actually thought it was sarcastic about Sarah but it wasn't. Its a genuine thing that happens in many firms and would scare a fresher. I know of a similar instance where the fresher was later not even hired and rejected! (Don't worry not a recent split up firm). So I don't understand why is a genuine concern being flagged as trolling! Any reasonable associate knows that these things happen. Really wonder who is moderating LI. This kind of moderation is a jale pe namak for a 5th year student and really really insensitive piece of moderation. I wouldn't be surprised if this comment is marked trolling!
But at-least they can either communicate the rejection. This has left me in an uncertain pool
Unreliable question? Considering you allow threads on favorite cricketer and actresses, I would say you are the troll here, moderator.
I like this anti-R sentiment that's budding here. TBH, I've not been a fan of his moderation or commenting style (for one, he should refrain from relying upon phrases such as 'kiddo' when he most probably is a college student himself).
What if the R does not identifies any gender.
R is stupid kid.
Let's do away with gender thing
Surprised he didn't contest these facts. Probably he believes he is a stupid kid?
If R was a "she" She would be sensitive towards a genuine query like this. He's probably a 12th pass aspirant
Now I don't understand why are these facts contested! Everyone on LI can see it's true!
How can a question related to placements be unreliable? I am genuinely concerned, and I very well understand the meaning of "following-up". You're the troll here, R.
β€œMsg HR” - is that a dish with Monosodium glutamate (MSG) and HR?

R - could you please share the recipe?

Person in - if you want to follow-up, and assuming you have the mobile number of the Human Resource, yes, please do send them a message, but please be reasonable with timing and frequency.

As to β€œshift”- not everyone has that option, and one doesn’t want to close doors at the firm you interviewed with the way in which you follow-up!
I would rather suggest that he/she starts torturing the HR more. Send emails until you get a definite response. It may piss them off. Or just wait. Hope someone leaves and they come back to you. Either way have a plan b like the comment above suggested
Wouldn't that dilute the chances of a selection? I have been following-up and calling them but not getting any responses.
Oh please R... I really doubt your intentions here! Please stop Misguiding kids!!
Yes... There definitely chances would be diluted. Keep gaps.. Make sure you are on their mind. Few years back I did the same and was offered by a firm 6 months later! So it's a thin line. Keep following up in a manner that won't piss them off. If you have no option... Assuming it's Saraf.. People would leave. Unless you were horrible in your interview, you would have the first chance if someone leaves. But make sure to keep in touch / follow up in a non so pissing off manner! Thin line as I said. Please ignore R. I think LI has come down to the level of taking care of ourselves.

I may consider creating a fake email I'd to guide you'll.. Anonymously... That such level of moderation at least does not dilute a genuine query! This was deeply saddening today. N fyi.. I have 8 years pqe. Never seen LI levels drop to such an extent where a actress post is fine but this is trollish! Lowest level of LI honestly. These "conversation" I believe was to help people in such cases or gossip about firms etc. Even R's rationale to mark it trollish can be moderated trollish. Horrible!!
If you have interned there before, talk yo your the PA/Partner who heads your team. Or, talk yo som
don't worry even if you're not selected you can still end up being a moderator like ~R at legally India.
I'd hope better for him/her (who started the conversation). I don't think we should place him at the same level as the troll moderating, and I'd urge others to be supportive and help since the moderator clearly is on a different... Umm whatever..
What's an "unreliable" question?
Since this is a ground for being termed a troll, it would be good to get some idea around (a) what makes a question unreliable, and (b) who are these people relying on questions! I can understand an answer being unreliable ("damn" unreliable, or otherwise unreliable), but a question?

To OPs (legitimate IMO) question, ask the team you interned with to ask HR to send you a reply, if you haven't already done this. If you have, and the HR isn't listening to actual fee earners at the firm, exercise your other options.
Answer his/her question. Or ask the relevant question. Which firm is this exactly?

- R
I have reached out to the team, and they don't have much say. I haven't interacted with the partner except a few times while he/she was reviewing my drafts. I guess I'll have to maintain a thin line of following-up now.
Shouldn't you people be answering his/her question better than the kid? :D . I gave the answer. What's yours?

- R
Dude just buzz off... This comment is not even necessary! Please don't post this comment...for your n li's benefit...But are you high 24/7? I troll too ... I send controversial messages too... But your level of understanding legal issues and moderation is pathetic and amateur to say the least!!! You are here to moderate not troll. I really hope kian reads this rather than you. N please keep your pathetic life outside!! Let us answer him. The kind of advice you are even giving is entirely trollish and can ruin careers!! Please stay at your moderation if you have no idea of how the market works! Don't misguide people. "Moderator" Tag Carries some "weightage". Grow some balls to step up to the responsibility. I've been reading LI since inception! You have been really pissing off of late! Pissing off is ok to an extent n may be funny... But using that tag to spread misinformation is horrible! Please just post comments without your " Great views"
R, your random snark is driving people away.

Even though legally India stopped publishing news, I come here as the conversation section felt like a safe space.. But right now there is a school yard bully who is (1) very attention seeking and (2) thinks he/she will get that attention / popularity by bullying randos. That school yard bully is you.

Its very off putting.

All it takes it for someone to start a subreddit on Indian Law Firms or something and then, Legally India Conversation section will be obsolete. Don't piss away the goodwill built over years with childish snark.

Love,
Well Wisher
Actually, a good idea.
Let's create one and get rid of legally india hiring bunch of noobs and bullies