Read 96 comments as:
Filter By
Yes, assuming your parents don't object to wasting more money to achieve the same goals. The return in terms of luxury will be higher though, that's undeniable.
"There are many students who're paying the same amount as what students at many NLUs pay due to scholarships in the tution fees."

Lie
You might be able to get into Jindal as well, but with your logic you’re never going to be in a position to afford it
Would only work as an advantage when all the students can expect to be taught by all marquee names. Hardly the case in Jindal at present. With 800 students graduating every year.
Only people with inferiority complex would need to 'own' everything under the sun. Others are happy enough to be able to use things as and when necessary.
What rubbish comments! If you have Sports Authority of India next door that does not mean you own it. You can at best periodically use it from time to time. It is Olympians who get priority over it.
you might be able to afford NUJS, but with that logic no way you'll get NUJS.
Smartly skipped the 'better faculty' jibe. Or maybe, not so smartly?
Everyone can afford NUJS. Go for something that everyone can not afford. There lies the value
Tell that to the NUJS people who practice there :) Also, jbtw, the entire Sports Authority of India is booked for Invicta and Parainvicta, NUJS' flagship sporting events
That's like saying Eden Garden is for Indian national team to play, so other people cannot use it. Newsflash, they can and do, including club teams.
The highway is literally a stone's throw away from NUJS. Less than a stone's throw actually.
'Walking distance' is exaggerating. They are all between 10-15 kms away.

Just the highway is 5kms from Jindal. NLU & Ashoka are a few kilometres further away.
Bhai everyone gets Jindal. Go for something that not everyone can get. There lies the value
Choose JGLS because of QS rank and possible future NIRF top 3 rank.
You act as if NUJS owns Sports Authority of India and the Saltlake stadium. It's made for Olympians to train, not NUJS students.
Since you mentioned diverse career options, can you actually explain exactly what sort of exclusive career opportunities are provided at Jindal that one cannot get at NUJS, or similar NLUs?
Not to forget Ashoka, SRM, WUD, NIT SONIPAT and NLU Sonipat are all at walking distance from Jindal
Honest question, not trolling. Can you tell us a little more about the alumni scholarships at Jindal that you mentioned? What is the nature of it and how is eligibility determined?
A 13-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 30-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 66-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 85-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
β€œChoose NUJS over Jindal”
Kyu?
β€œBas hai better”
Aur?
β€œHum pahle paida hue the”

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/iEb31xdarQKJSimCA[/img]
Go for JGLS if it’s cheaper for you, except fees, it’s better in all other aspects
A 3-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Let Jindal provide jobs to even 10% of its batch first. So far, it hasn't in the last 7 years.
A 1-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 24-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 40-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 22-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Quote:
Please choose NUJS.
Shows desperation if you are saying "please choose us".
How is this even a question? Jindal wtf. As stated earlier in a comment, NUS and JGLS comparable. We don’t need an extra J in there. We’re talking about institutions with international standards, how is NUJS even in the picture?
Is there a runway to land the plane? Last I heard NUJS didn’t have a campus or was it negligible? I don’t remember.
at nujs it would be 7.5 lakh p.a. and at jindal 5.6 lakh p.a. (all inclusive) with a chance at an increased scholarship.
At Jindal you'll find unique career paths? You mean joining their parent's chambers? Could you give any example of these unique paths?
Look at it this way: Jindal may top NIRF in the next 10 years, while NUJS will only dip further. So will you go by past or future? For example, just because West Indies won the World Cup in 1970s does not mean they are world champions today.
It's 10k USD per annum, The fees I mentioned for JGLS is the fees I've to pay after the scholarship
With the herd that graduates out of JGLS every year, it already has more alumni than WBNUJS and NLUJ combined. I will not be surprised if the figure is somewhere closer to the combined strength of top 5 law schools.
Nujs, no question about it. If you were getting a higher scholarship at Jindal, and finances are an issue, then you could have perhaps considered Jindal. Otherwise it's nujs for sure.
JGLS, JGLS, JGLS. No question about it. You will receive faculty and infra much better than NUJS at a lower price, you will get the opportunity to go abroad for a semester exchange and your rank is likely to be high at JGLS, so better chances of a good job offer.
This question makes me weirdly angry.
I wish there wasn't this big a gap between have and have nots.
Anyway, to answer your question, NUJS jao, study well !
As far as I know, NUJS was 7.2 under that admission stream. In case that 1.6 extra per year is doable, NUJS without any doubt. A difference of miles and miles between NUJS and JGLS. Nay, a different plane altogether.
My roommate was in a similar situation after attending NUJS decided to stick with JGLS. That being said, after some time he left JGLS and ended up doing his law at King's College.
What are the fees for the NRI quota at NUJS and what would your fees post scholarship be at JGLS?
Will get WBNUJS in UG CLAT 2021 under NRI quota, also getting scholarship at JGLS (5.6lacs per annum fees) which one shall I go with?