Read 153 comments as:
Filter By
Hi,

I am thinking of doing lawsikho courses for contract drafting. Since the investment is significant (significant for me), I wanted to hear a feedback on utility of the courses, from a source not related to lawsikho (since they might be inclined to paint a rosy picture).

Can anyone give a feedback on how useful they might be in getting a paid assignments from abroad etc. I know their are success stories but how many of them?
To be blunt, they are not necessary if you want to learn or get freelancing work. Whatever they offer, you can learn on your own by simply reading the relevant literature carefully and do the exercises. The bootcamps especially are not what they claim those to be. Teaching all aspects of international commercial arbitration or similar subjects in 2-3 days is not possible. If you lack access to all kinds of other sources like a good institution, [...], good books, relevant databases, then maybe these can help a little in generating interest. That's basically it. Some of the people employed by them who disburse divine knowledge and insight about various issues including the industry are frankly mot qualified to do so. [...] I've got nothing against them as a business. If they can get enough customers for their product, then good for them!
Well the worst thing is that they make students write content, translate laws from hindi to English for their website and courses, make them edit articles written by others in the name of internship [...]. The ipleaders website is literally running on the back of law students doing all the editing work and marketing work for them [...]. They even scold you if you don’t meet deadlines as if they own us when literally their website makes money because of us.
Don’t waste your money, they are pretty bad. Classes are taught by [...] who consider reading out of sections to be teaching. They are pretty sweet at first but [...] support after you purchase the course. [...]
NOT worth it.
they target lower rung NLUs and Private law school kids by luring them into doing this course which is good for nothing. the projects you'd do at Upwork and other freelancing are totally different and have no relevance.
A 6-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
I think too expensive. Should you wish to learn contract drafting, or anything pertaining to law there are ample resources available online, and books/articles on the specific subjects. You just have to be mindful with your source selection. Everything cannot be learnt through short cut courses, and you have to give it time and learn from proper sources. Also, nothing can be a substitute for practical experience.
Most of these short course providers pray on gullible non nlu students by offering them internships etc. A lot of these organizations were founded by [...] some with only a few months of real world experience. (Notjustlex is an exception to this, although i personally have never done their courses but I have heard good things, plus its headed by an ex tier 1 corp partner, so you may check it out.)
Most of their seminars/webinars comprise of people with barely any experience in the subject/ practice area they claim to have expertise in. Be it contract drafting, or dating.
"Be it contract drafting, or dating"

dammmmmmm that Iron man lifestyle reference
Perfect summarisation of Lawsikho as an organization and their courses
A 10-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
I asked this question many times. But LI didn't allow. Finally it's here.

There are Law Sikho Courses worth Rs.50'000. Is it worth?
They are just the same.
Just few good personalities has come up to create a hype. Substance has to be there or else it's just a picnic for the two founders
mat karo koi lawsikho course bhai/behen internship aur associate banke sab seekh jaaoga 10x better.
Always comes across as surprising when founders of a company profess to know how to be successful in law firms when the collective experience between them at law firms is 2 years. I hope this is printed because this comment is not meant to troll. These are facts.
[...] There are no substitutes to a proper legal education and actual real world work experience.
It's a complete waste. [...] They even say their courses are worth it and could get someone a 10k internship. I wonder who pays interns 10k. Others are ones who could not work or clear competitive exams so join here. Never knew this was a substitute to judiciary, civil services or armed forces.

Ones associated with them most likely will end up with them after graduation. You won't end up getting a decent job. Do better courses. I believe symbiosis and others institutes have diploma courses. Your internship will teach you much more than any other course. Thats what you would need to do ultimately. Learning from ones who themselves don't have requisite experience does not help. Off late many law firms including mine look down upon lawsikho [...]. Their course on love advice with love guru was a joke too. [...] Get a real internship!
Don't fall for that trap. They are not going to add any value to your CV. In terms of learning, you can find better content for free. Or just talk to seniors from other colleges/workplaces.

[...]
Why has this been moderated as trollish? These courses do not add any value and you can find similar content for free.
Thanks for reporting, the second paragraph did appear a little trollish but overall it maybe was merely hyperbole rather than outright trolling... Tag has been removed
Why has this been moderated as "trollish"?
Feels like the bias of an editor is creeping into the comments section.
How is Comment 1.3 trollish? Kian, you really need to keep your biases in check. Every opinion you do not agree with is not a troll.
Please ignore the comments here by people who are either ignorant or have some agenda. Lawsikho tries to bridge the gap between theory and practice. Most law professors are from obscure colleges and have no practical work experience, not even a decent internship. Lawsikho webinars and classes are held by people who are practitioners.

As for the quality of the courses, you may see the testimonials.
I doubt if Lawsikho is important enough for people to have an agenda- just honest opinions (on having been asked) to help the OP decide
It is not about those professors. This is about you claiming to condense and offer practical experience attainable in 5 years in a matter of weeks! You claiming that after doing your advanced xyz course someone can go to rouse avenue and seek bail for his client. some poor kid will believe what you preach, will go demolish his rep, and career, and the life of his client. you are providing a certificate course, advertise as such, but dont be saying "After completing the course, you will be able to carry out criminal law work competently and be at ease with procedural aspects of criminal law."
We know Lawsikhos IT cell is quicker than BJPs [...]. Any reputed lawyer from any reputed law firm would never recommend Lawsikho. Unlike those working at Lawsikho, a law firm associate and partner knows that real learning happens out in the practical world. Having few internships and 6 months in a law firm does not teach anyone about real work in a law firm. The real work starts after 3-5 years of work experience. No 6 month washout would know that! We all know who has the agenda. But it's sad that the agenda of this organization is to brainwash gullible and innocent kids.
What nonsensical comments! LawSikho is the successor of IPleaders. If IPleaders was so successful and universally acclaimed, why is LawSikho bad?
iPleaders which is simply a repository of articles [...]? I interned there, it's a content mill. Kids work there 10 hours a day copy pasting [...] into word documents and running it past people who [...].
I interned with iPleaders a long time back. I was in my second year of law school. My work became the content for their AIBE course. There were some 10 interns. I was really excited about getting to work with an ed tech startup founded by two NUJS alum.

I think that their heart is in the right place. [...] Worst part is that they market amongst themselves on LinkedIn and pretty much everywhere. You get your employees and student / clients to comment, like and share in order to increase the reach.

The concept is good, IMO, but the [...] the manner sucks!
Which course? How to score hot chicks or how to score good marks in tax and IPR?
that idiot has a tutorial on how to pick up chicks in wheelchair in which he goes around CP pretending to be someone with special needs, and other needs. lawkealawasabsikho did a webinar with that guy on how to apparently date but all they could convey during that entire episode was how to pester women, and how you're doing something wrong with your life if you're not constantly chasing after women. considering much of your audience is between age groups of 17-23 who maybe gullible and impressionable, you should be more careful while putting out such content. you definitely don't want to portray to an intern that it is cool to go and ask out an associate during an internship.
[...] There's a new startup called WorldWise which is doing a really good programme. I have heard very good reviews, its run by NLUJ guys who used to work at Khaitan and Trilegal. So, they are clearly focused on the law firm job suitability/up-skilling market.
Which firm expects their interns to do full diligences or draft SPA-SHAs? Which law firm lets A0s have free reign on SHA/SPA drafting without sticking to a template pre-approved by a panel of partners? What nonsense is this. You want to learn constitutional litigation, arbitration and also SHA drafting in the same place and then use all of it at a law firm as an intern? Waah.
Each Wordwise course is around 5 hours. They have some fancy Professors who will introduce you to the subject.
Why isn't this moderated as trollish? There is no difference between Lawsikho and Worldwise
This is not true, and unfair to the founders of WorldWise. Please see their website, it really comes from people who have 'been there done that'. Their scholarship apps, Harvard applications, CVs and papers are put out for students to see. As they say, it is a privilege to have a network of alumni and faculty to help you with these things. The vast majority of students in India don't have that. WorldWise is just trying to bridge that gap. Their DD workshop, SPA/SHA drafting classes all look very useful. It can help someone get, and then do better, at internships. This will improve job prospects. Why are people jealous of that? WorldWise also has good tie ups with top firms like Khaitan, Trilegal and others to get their students internships. Which other law edtech startup has all that to offer?
You had me till your extolling the virtues of the 'tie-ups'. Only an insider would do that without explicitly revealing the nature of the obligations of the firms that is certainly not available in the public domain otherwise.
Not really, because I did a course from WorldWise. They offered to send the best among us based on their assessment for an internship with two AORs.
Just asking or I would say pointing
Even lawsikho has tieups with khaitan and trilegal.

Plus they have come up with the said claim β€œ100% money back guarantee”

If this money back guarantee would have been fake then atleast we would have come across certain cases against them.

Furthermore, Quora is of dissenting views.

Confused. Period
Looking at the cesspool of comments awaiting moderation, I feel Kian is protecting this thread from an avalanche of subtle ads.
Didn't they get a loveguru last year and had a webinar on how to pick up girls?
You people just mind your tongue ok? Do not comment on things you do not know about and give wrong advice to law aspirants. You first do a course and comment. Please tell me how many law schools are teaching practical things. In 99% law schools it is just reading from the book.
brother small piece of advice. don't be going around doing fifteen approaches day, or pretending to be a paraplegic/someone with special needs as a means to get laid. i don't think it will help you get laid, but it is a sure shot way to get your face remodeled with a tyre iron.
this 25 din me paisa double schemes are never real. nobody is going to check whether all this is true, even if it is how despo are you to spend every waking moment of your life to be doing this. in the end randomly "approaching" 15 women will only lead to them thinking you're a creep because you will be one.
yeh khud maar khaayega ek din aur tumhe bhi khilwayega

LI girls and boys, please no censoring, not a troll, serious message. jan hit me jaari.
Yeah. Tell any other MOOC Platform as big as law Sikho. Moocs which solely caters law courses.
Maybe the MOOCs should cater to a little bit of English too, once in a while.
The courses are [...], and sub- standard.

Plus- [...]. As a matter of socially responsible investing, one shouldn’t invest in their courses.

PS. Facts. Not a troll.
I reported comment 24. You better provide proof or this comment should be deleted as it is totally defamatory. How dare you accuse people of SH without proof!
There off late has been a surge of Linkedin influencers- mostly people who couldn't hack it and left law firms within a year or two have now re-invented themselves as influencers/ gurus/ mentors to make money off gullible lower ranked nlu/ private law college students. Law sikho was an early mover in this space. Now decide for yourself if it's worth it.
Kian is moderating this thread like his life depends on some revenue share from LawSikho.

I was one of the students who had taken the iPleader courses. All we were handed over were a couple of bare acts compiled by 2nd year law students and "faculty" who just read out those sections in a video.

I had taken those courses believing that these are recognized by the UGC - that's exactly what the iPleaders website quoted "UGC Recognized". What they meant was NUJS, the institute with which they were partnering, was UGC recognized. Of course, it would be UGC recognized! It is a National Law University! What they lead you to believe however was that these courses were specifically "UGC recognized".

When NUJS administration shut down these courses, they started a new rebranding called LawSikho. Along with a bunch a influencers on LinkedIN - I'm sure you have seen them on your feed - they market these courses to non-NLU students to make them "on par" with NLU opportunities. What they don't tell you is that no NLU even wants to be associated with such courses. And that is why law firms do not ascribe them much value on CV. Because the students they hire generally have better credentials than a LawSikho course.
The courses are [...] and I don't know what is the basis of claiming so much fee for these courses. I am working in one MNC at Dubai and wanted to learn about one particular subject, so I did not have an issue with spending money. But, I regret spending money on lawsikho course. I would suggest to open the books and understand the concepts, even the first chapter of any book would be more than what lawsikho would teach you. Just check that how many nlu students are enrolled with their courses. [...] is successful in luring students [...] by showing them jobs at the firms about which we in general don't even know.

This drama of teaching practical things is [...].

[...] Their focus is [...] on generating more and more revenue.

If you do not believe me and want to spend money to show these certificates to interviewers [...], please go ahead.
Ultimately they're running a business and making revenue.

Most of you are ragtag idiots who can only do roti-kapda - Pani.

what gives you guys the right to pass judgment on what is excellent and what is trash.

If you weren't average or below average you wouldn't be writing comments, bitching and moaning.

Get a life
So the owner of lawsikho just posted his justification to his courses and stuff on LinkedIn. [...]

so they think any negative comment/review which doesn't please [...] is propaganda against them?
so they say that not many students have complained or gave a bad review of their course. tell who would do it? these are [...] students, how would they know instantly that whatever they're learning would not come to use in the future? I mean, it's the reason why they being unaware of such information join it in the first place. plus, who'd dare as a student dare to say that boss your course is useless? (we don't complaint that's how it is, as normal tendency) how many law schools have worked like this/ how many firms have worked like this? we don't have that culture. the powerful and dominant rules, irrespective. [...].

the problem is not that they target lower NLUs and Pvt universities, well do it, but saying that this will add value to your knowledge and not the skill-set to make you "law firm ready" if a month-long course( that is most I guess) was sufficient then why do you think faculties and experts in law school are unable to do? some of them have the experience of their age, instead of selling off it as key to EMPLOYABILITY (which we all know the truth of) just sell it off as a COURSE.

[...] nothing personally against the owner of Law Sikho and others.
What about free speech. Why is Ramanuj acting like modi. Doesn't he believe in free speech too.
I think the like and dislike button on the comments here should ensure that any patently false and malafide opinions are objected too. There is nothing wrong here
@KIAN please don't cower or melt under bullying attempts, we have faith in you. It seems like the LawSikho guy is [...] on LinkedIn threatening legal notices and defamation suits. LI's policy is perfectly reasonable, screen and censor defamatory material if any. But, keep critical comments live. Ramanuj is free to respond to the criticism here in the comments (like Sidharth Chauhan does) or elsewhere. But please don't shut down voices here (unless they violate your comment policies). Law students have very few platforms to discuss realities of the college life, job market etc. Even in US, there are platforms like WallStreetOasis and Poets&Quants where colleges, firms and even upskilling startups are discussed, reviewed and critiqued. That leads to a vibrant space. On a smaller note, LawSikho seems to [...] just like its not wrong to call out prominent edtech startups in India preying on the insecurities of lower middle class and poor families. I think even WorldWise does the same thing, just that they are more of a marketing driven outfit with a smaller team.
M8 you literally took a screenshot of their own website, where they're [...] claiming to be legit. Argument banana sikhaya nahi issne?
A 11-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
It is unfortunate that Legally India is publshing hateful comments against a young startup which is founded by a [...] middle-class boy trying to help those from similar backgrounds compete against privileged nepo kids. I am willing to bet many of the comments are fake and by people who never took a course. Also, we all know of a certain mafia which got iPleaders banned at NUJS. This mafia may be behind some of the comments.
How is conducting webinars on how to pick up chicks helping anyone?
Okay, it's all a conspiracy theory. Lawsikho courses are so good that they should be ranked by NIRF and QS. Happy now? Trying to pretend as if every criticism against the organization is a personal one against the people running it, and hence playing victim, is the new 'in thing' I guess. By the way, if some people got lawsikho unfairly banned from NUJS, why did lawsikho failed to get relief from the court even after 4 years? And why could they not tie up with any other respectable NLU since then?
If Ramanuj is [...] he'll lay low and take it on his chin. His tone deaf and misogynist webinar last year seriously annoyed a lot of important people/ organizations from the legal profession (including eminent senior advocates) for valid reasons. While they might've forgotten, Ramanuj again coming to his own defence (along with his [...] and [...] minions) is actually spreading the word on Linkedin which could re-open the pandora's box. And he has a habit of digging his own grave- just like he did last year with insincere and narcissistic explanations to the travesty. He left scot free from an incident which can ruin careers and shut down businesses, he should consider himself lucky and not be [...] again.
I have not taken their courses, however, I am aware of their pricing and it seems excessive.

The thing is, every thing you see, read or hear adds value. There is a lot of free value to be had in the world by way of brushing up your legal knowledge on sites such as IndiaCorpLawBlog, Mondaq, books, etc. Does Law Sikho offer no value? Probably not. Does it compare well against other sources especially after factoring it’s pricing in? Not at all. Especially if you are not privileged enough to causally spend the amounts their courses demand.

I am at a stage in my career where I have interviewed a couple of freshers for A0 positions. Some of them have had Law Sikho courses on their CV, which would naturally drive an interviewer to question the applicant on the topics of the said courses. I was not satisfied with their answers. I would rather someone not mention their course on due diligence rather than do so and not provide up to the mark answers when asked relatively simple questions about the DD process.

On the contrary, a lot of students without Law Sikho courses on their CV but with their internship experiences and academic writing have often impressed with their answers wrt the said experiences/writings which demonstrated actual effort and interest of the applicant in the said topics.

TL;DR

Law Sikho courses might teach you a thing or two, but seem overpriced for what they offer and definitely may not give an applicant any real edge in an interview. While the whole β€˜preying on the hopes and aspirations of youngsters from Tier II and III colleges’ trope may sound cruel to Law Sikho as a business, I do think it has some truth. The amount of competition in the market has students looking out for any opportunity to gain an edge. Several businesses seem to have cropped up to take advantage of this, without any of them seemingly adding any real value. I would advise students to focus on internships and reading up regularly to gain an edge rather than turn to such organisations at least until they do not significantly improve their service offerings to make sense at the price point they offer them at.

Cheers!
Also what happened to independent journalism, why is this thread being moderated like the moderator has a gun on their head and would be shot dead if someone says truthful but not so nice things about lawsikho
Latest tweets from Ramanuj in response to LI comments:

People who know nothing about LawSikho & have read some anonymous comments (looks like initiative of some competitors) are talking nonsense about us. This is the work we do, this is why they hate us. One person at a time, we will make such impact that truth will shine over lies.

1. Our learners who got jobs in tier 1 & tier 2 law firms even in this terrible pandemic job market

2. Got internships in international law firms and top law firms in India

3. Got well paid freelance work that most lawyers will find incredible

https://twitter.com/law_ninja/status/1410937937630404616
https://twitter.com/law_ninja/status/1411200806653624327
Says a lot about LawSikho's earlier avatar. Has the "transition" been as cosmetic as MBL to MABL?

https://livewire.thewire.in/campus/wbnujs-distance-education-students-legal-fight/

Sane response please. No ninja chops.
It's very disheartening that people who haven't even taken a full fledged course are commenting shit about lawsikho
Let's bust some popular notions!

Firstly, I couldn't get good work in online internships so for knowledge and experience, I joined the Diploma course in M&A, institutional finance and investment laws!
I can talk only about this course and would encourage students to take it up!
The material is good and we get templates of various agreements. In the last one year, we were majorly taught by XYZ who is the best faculty you can get as he's very friendly. As for his credentials he has graduated from a top tier nlu and has worked with a top 7 law firm.
Other than that we were taught takeover code, the most daunting of the lot by someone who's presently working in a top 7 firm
The exercises are pretty easy so there will not be an external pressure on you to perform but if you want to gain knowledge then it's a great opportunity! It's expensive that's a drawback but if you can manage I recommend this course for sure!
Also to whoever commenting that they tap on the insecurities of lower NLUs' students, that might be true but if you want to learn then why does it matter? I'm from one of the top 3 NLUs and I'm happy I made this choice !
Does that really help in the discussion?
If yes, then I'm honoured!
I was scrolling through a course called 'How to Get a Law Firm Job' on Lawsikho and on the very evening I get a call from them. the person wasted her 15 mins explaining the stupid course while I just put my phone aside. i asked the course fee at last and she said it was around 58000! I live in Calcutta and the firm culture here is just like any other. even the famous names such as Sandersons or fox pay a pittance to the fresh graduates they hire. It is not much different than getting into solo practice in a court under a senior. I know several good solo practitioners who have worked at law firms and left the job. LawSIkho is just another website that glorifies the exploitative law firm arena. Why would anyone, even for a sec, think that it's a good idea to pay so much just to get into a law firm.
I am also thinking of preparing for IBPS SO (law officer) and there are a few good and renowned courses that I shortlisted. Among them there's one by ADDA 247 which costs 4000 bucks, and they have been running that course for years. Recently (a few days ago), however, LawSikho also launched an IBPS SO prep course, and guess how much that costs? a whopping 35,000!! I am drawing a comparison and not trying to market ADDA 247 courses in any way.
Every review on Quora or any other feedback website is pretty much tailored except on Legally India.
A 1-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 85-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 17-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 19-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 16-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 16-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 26-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 22-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 111-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 17-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 20-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 26-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 8-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 33-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 81-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 4-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 18-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 95-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 8-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 64-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.