Read 26 comments as:
Filter By
I wonder if Harvard, Oxbridge, etc. are TLCs too. They have been around long enough and have their own tradition that they take seriously.
Apart from Sudhir, all NLU VCs, successful or otherwise, have been like that only.
Why not? Being VC of NLSIU/NALSAR/NLUD is a hugely prestigious post . Being VC of NLU Assam can hasten one's appointment to the post.
The similarity lies in the connotation and context. Bhakti by itself is something worth looking upon positively.
Bwahaha! People think that academics teaching abroad are just waiting with bated breath when the state government would invite them to take charge of these unknown dinky little colleges masquerading as universities.
Unfortunately, Assam does not have good academics of its own, unless the govt invites Shubhankar Dam from England to take charge as VC at a young age.
You clearly seem to have no friends. How are stories on Assam's ex VC relevant here? It's like blaming fellow lawyers for allegations against one of them. Grow up!
How is TLC a term of abuse? It stands for Traditional Law Colleges. It's a fact. On the other hand, "bhakt" is a sarcastic term as it refers to a devotee of a Hindu god.
These guys are just trolls better ignored. Some of the finest professors in the pre-NLS era and even now are drawn from TLCs. They simply refuse to get off their unjustified high horses.
As someone from an NLU, I thoroughly approve of this comment. There are several bad apples who have failed to get any education worth speaking of from their respective NLUs. Those are the ones using this term in a derogatory fashion.
Seems that you have no idea about the person. Were you taught by him in NLS? Were you in admin and reported to him when he was the registrar? You seem to be v confident about his experience of being a registrar at NLU Bangluru
Seen plenty of NLU alum faculty turn out to be duds over the years. However, Sudhir does seem to have recruited mostly capable people so far, so that's certainly a plus.
How many of the new hires have become Professors already? Mrinal, I'm guessing. Maybe Aparna too? Anyone else?
Who were the members of the search committee? Who were other two persons in the panel of probables who missed the bus? When was this DNLU started? Prof. V. Nagraj should prove a good VC as he has the experience of being a Registrar at NLU Bangluru.