Read 43 comments as:
Filter By
Hello! I am thinking about pursuing LLM from OP Jindal. Can you please tell me about your experience and are the students eligible for NET after doing LLM from this law school.
Calm down snowflake. You really need to harden up a bit. If you're getting so riled up about random comments on an anonymous platform since you perceive them to be contrary to what you'd like to hear- don't provide your own comments on an anonymous platform.
Any idea on whats the criteria to get into The dual JD Cornell program?
Err...if you do not want people to judge and pass comments, then you should probably stay away from anonymous fora. That is literally everything that happens here.
JGLS website is extremely outdated about a lot of things. The electives mentioned are not even taught, there are new and more electives but not all mentioned on website are taught. Some professors who have expired are still on the website as current teachers.
Did you predict earlier that you will rank in top 5 of your huge batch? Bcz only 1/2 students get that opportunity.
You got another scholarship after your first year even though you had one of 75%? Seems impossible as JGLS policy on the website says you can only get another scholarship after first year if you are getting less than 1 lakh in your original scholarship.
A 28-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Yeah I did, because I am interested in the pathways programme (LLB from Jindal + JD from Cornell).
A 11-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Kian can’t you censor the comments that are not related to the op, i can see a lot of them are awaiting moderation and i can bet they are here to measure their dick sizes against jgls.
Sorry, I got a bit confused. I thought the gist of 4.1's comment was that people should opt for JGLS unless they are getting NLSIU, especially if they can afford it. Which is not bad advice I would say (I'm neither from NLSIU, nor JGLS).
A 19-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
One has to negotiate with the university for scholarship amounts? Much wow!
They've reduced the slabs this year itself to 10, 25 and 50% which is why even at 99.8 %ile I'm only getting 50%.
Best placements just below NLSIU and NALSAR? Kiska bewakoof bana rahe ho? A simple google search shows that placements at JGLS are pathetic to say the least, and the ROI for paying 40 lakhs is terrible.
For the LLM program, I scored exactly 98 percentile and was offered a scholarship which was worth 25% of the tuition fees. However, I believe the amount/slab would be higher for 5 yr/3 yr program students since the fee is relatively much higher as well. Good luck!
Is the %age of scholarship you mention on tuition fee or overall expense?

Thanks for the post in any case.
NLU kids purporting to be jgls students in comments to trigger beef. [...]
The highest scholarship is for students who are on multiple scholarships and both their tuition and hostel fees are waived
No Indian degree should cost 40-50 lakhs, let alone a law degree from Haryana. It's the worst financial decision one can ever make unless you have loads of family wealth lying around
Maximum is 75%. 10 students above 99 percentile get it.

If you're Haryana domicile, you can get 100%

This is only for tuition fee though
This is the worst advice one can give, ever. Please, for the love of God, don't take a loan to study at JGLS of all places.
It might help if you proofread your comments more closely. Your first statement actually conveys the opposite of what you had probably been trying to advise.
You can expect 50% scholarship which is the highest slab they offer now.
How would the students know about the highest scholarship provided yet? JGLS usually keeps the overall stats about that to itself. I won't comment on the transparency of the process involved.