Read 43 comments as:
Filter By
So i received my Lsat scores today and it was above the 98th percentile.
So would like to know from current Jindal students what amount of scholarship can i expect and also whats the highest scholarship they have provided yet.

(I know X NLU is better no need to comment)
How would the students know about the highest scholarship provided yet? JGLS usually keeps the overall stats about that to itself. I won't comment on the transparency of the process involved.
You can expect 50% scholarship which is the highest slab they offer now.
Maximum is 75%. 10 students above 99 percentile get it.

If you're Haryana domicile, you can get 100%

This is only for tuition fee though
They've reduced the slabs this year itself to 10, 25 and 50% which is why even at 99.8 %ile I'm only getting 50%.
It might help if you proofread your comments more closely. Your first statement actually conveys the opposite of what you had probably been trying to advise.
This is the worst advice one can give, ever. Please, for the love of God, don't take a loan to study at JGLS of all places.
NLU kids purporting to be jgls students in comments to trigger beef. [...]
No Indian degree should cost 40-50 lakhs, let alone a law degree from Haryana. It's the worst financial decision one can ever make unless you have loads of family wealth lying around
@4 = trollish comment. It's not a "degree from Haryana" but a law school that is the only Indian law school ranked in QS (that too in the top 100)+ has IOE status + has placements and LLM offers that are just below NLSIU and NALSAR + has the best infrastructure and campus facilities by far + has the best faculty in India along with NLSIU post-Sudhir + offers the best study-abroad opportunities and an option for a joint JD-LLB in the US.

Now let's look at an NLU. You pay around 12 to 15 lakhs for some NLUs with really crap faculty, infra and zero international links. So why not pay 40 lakhs for JGLS?
Best placements just below NLSIU and NALSAR? Kiska bewakoof bana rahe ho? A simple google search shows that placements at JGLS are pathetic to say the least, and the ROI for paying 40 lakhs is terrible.
Why wouldn't I pay 40 lakhs for JGLS? Cause its freaking JGLS! And QS rankings and all sound good on paper, doesn't make an iota of practical difference when [...] and hardly any takers for its admission test. Less than 2.5% of JGLS llb actually get placed anywhere worth repute and even then (considering their tier 1 placement) will have to work close to a decade just to break even (owing to the insane fees). It's just not a rational economic choice for anyone not with an abundance of excess wealth (which I assume to be the case with the OP, as s/he is asking for advice on scholarships). Lastly, you may feel salty, but last I checked sonipat was in Haryana, so a degree from JGLS is very much a degree from a Haryana.
Dear 4.1,

You’re clearly doing PR for NLS here while acting like you’re from JGLS. Your sympathy towards NLS, β€œ has the best faculty in India along with NLSIU post-Sudhir” and making bizarre claims with no or negligible insider info from JGLS clearly indicates which university from.

Can NLU students please stop acting like Jindal Students on LI? And can other NLU students start using their brain and notice that this guy is clearly trying to push his university forward? Stop fighting for fuck’s sake.

The kid in the OP has clearly done his due diligence and has made a decision. He doesn’t need advice from anonymous strangers who don’t want him to go to JGLS. Even if he decides to not go to JGLS, he wouldn’t want the basis of the same to be some comments from backbenchers who think measuring dicks in LI comment thread will take their university up in the rankings.

Please stick to his question.
Sorry, I got a bit confused. I thought the gist of 4.1's comment was that people should opt for JGLS unless they are getting NLSIU, especially if they can afford it. Which is not bad advice I would say (I'm neither from NLSIU, nor JGLS).
It’s not about the content of the advice. If you’ve been following this website and conversations for a long time, you’d know that the comment was made with an intention to spark a textual brawl. This is LI, genuine opinions don’t matter. Everyone thinks their university is #1 and even Jagran Lakecity law student would claim that. And they can’t stand a contradictory opinion. So it’s not the content of the opinion but the intention.
Most of the comments above are either factually incorrect or trollish. The OP clearly said they don’t want any comparisons, stop giving unsolicited advice.

Okay, so, to answer the OP scholarship depends on a lot of factor- 1) Are you a female student? 2) Are you a Haryana domicile? 3) Severe Circumstances like death of a parent or belonging to a BPL family. In all these cases you can get a 100% scholarship. If it’s the 3rd case for you, I suggest you approach and involve IDIA for a smoother process for you.

If it’s not any of the aforementioned cases in your case, the highest scholarship you can get is 75% but my best guess at your percentile would be a 50% scholarship. From what i know scholarship standards have increased lately. Back in 2017, you would’ve got a 50% scholarship at anything above 93-94 but now with LSAT becoming more competitive lately, getting scholarships has become extremely tough. You need have a really high percentile to get a scholarship. Which is why in my opinion, you won’t get a 75% scholarship but 50% seems like a probability.

But on a different note, just so you don’t get discouraged, there are multiple opportunities for getting scholarships on campus. You’ll find a lot of students who are on 2-3 different scholarships. You can refer to this post by the JGU page about this student who is on 3 different scholarships (https://www.instagram.com/p/CNH194Vg-at/?utm_medium=copy_link)

Best of luck
Is the %age of scholarship you mention on tuition fee or overall expense?

Thanks for the post in any case.
The highest scholarship is for students who are on multiple scholarships and both their tuition and hostel fees are waived
For the LLM program, I scored exactly 98 percentile and was offered a scholarship which was worth 25% of the tuition fees. However, I believe the amount/slab would be higher for 5 yr/3 yr program students since the fee is relatively much higher as well. Good luck!
Hello! I am thinking about pursuing LLM from OP Jindal. Can you please tell me about your experience and are the students eligible for NET after doing LLM from this law school.
Hey just to let you know, there’s a lot of other factors that could help you get more scholarship.

In 2019, I got a 97 percentile in LSAT but I had a great CLAT rank (I was getting NALSAR) and decentish AILET rank too. Initially on the basis of my percentile, I was offered a 50% scholarship. But then after a couple of mails where I flexed my options and CLAT, AILET rank, I was offered a 75% scholarship and so here I am.

Apart from the 75% scholarship I got, I was offered another scholarship based on my performance here in first year. So there’s a lot of chances to get the waiver increased. Good luck!
One has to negotiate with the university for scholarship amounts? Much wow!
Yeah I did, because I am interested in the pathways programme (LLB from Jindal + JD from Cornell).
Did you predict earlier that you will rank in top 5 of your huge batch? Bcz only 1/2 students get that opportunity.
Any idea on whats the criteria to get into The dual JD Cornell program?
Can y’all stop judging other’s decision and stop giving opinions when not asked for the same?

I haven’t experienced how NALSAR is but going to Jindal has probably been the best decision of my life. Before NALSAR, I attended another β€œtier 1 NLU” for 10 days and I couldn’t stand the culture of addressing seniors as β€œsir/ma’am” and I was done when a senior ordered me to get courier for him from the main gate not as a favour but as an obligation. At Jindal, professors ask me to address them by their first name. I wasn’t happy at an NLU and I am happy at Jindal, it might be vice versa for someone else but I’ve never asked for an opinion. I’ve clearly stated that I wanted a higher degree from Cornell and not a tier 1 job.
Err...if you do not want people to judge and pass comments, then you should probably stay away from anonymous fora. That is literally everything that happens here.
Calm down snowflake. You really need to harden up a bit. If you're getting so riled up about random comments on an anonymous platform since you perceive them to be contrary to what you'd like to hear- don't provide your own comments on an anonymous platform.
You got another scholarship after your first year even though you had one of 75%? Seems impossible as JGLS policy on the website says you can only get another scholarship after first year if you are getting less than 1 lakh in your original scholarship.
JGLS website is extremely outdated about a lot of things. The electives mentioned are not even taught, there are new and more electives but not all mentioned on website are taught. Some professors who have expired are still on the website as current teachers.
Just one clarification with regard to the scholarship quantum being mentioned here. It's on tution fees for the most part. JGLS' would have a lot of other expenses too including hostel fees. With GS having taken over the hostels for such a high price, it is also possible that those fees might increase in the coming years. This is purely a financial observation, I've got nothing against JGLS or its quality. If someone can afford it, they can definitely join.
Kian can’t you censor the comments that are not related to the op, i can see a lot of them are awaiting moderation and i can bet they are here to measure their dick sizes against jgls.
A 19-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 11-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 28-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.