Read 73 comments as:
Filter By
Categorisation is required for lawyers. Corporate Law firm lawyers (CLFLs) are different from litigating lawyers (LLs) in terms of nature of work. While LLs work is more of a profession in the classical sense, CLFLs are like employees.
Kaam kaam chaiye
Paisa jyada chaiye
Upar se permanent work from home
Lmao@ sense of entitlement
Looks like someone's saturday just went down the drain. I understand you buddy. On the same boat :)
Aur tum bada ukhhad liye ho zindagi mein? Working in a cubicle since the last how many years of your life grasping concepts while forgetting the fact that no one really loves you in life?
A 25-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Law firms can call them retainers all they want,these retainers are employees.Read the latest Uber judgement declaring drivers being employees,not contractors.And this is also why we need foreign law firms in India.
Agreed we should all do this at once. Lets set a date for out strike.
Boomer logic in India: Since we had to struggle and suffer even you must stuggle and suffer.
You can work less than that a day. You’ll just have to settle for a slightly less fat pay check.
I’d be interested to see if hourly rates have actually increased. My experience is they’ve stayed the same or reduced thanks to the increasing number of firms out there as well as undercutting - including by certain Tier 1 firms.
Even if nothing comes out of it, I'd at least enjoy listening to their justifications for why work=life.
Someone should have told me before entering this profession that wanting to work less than 14-15 hours a day is disproportionate and entitled.
That’s a shocking straw man. You’re not asking for remuneration. You’re asking for far more than you deserve for the work you do. At a time many are making do with far less than they need. That’s entitlement.
Law firm Boomers. Never has a generation inherited so much and bequeathed so little.
A 18-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Apparently, asking for reasonable remuneration for your work is considered as being "entitled" by some boomers these days.
Our primary demands from law firms:
1. Better pay
2. Better work life balance
3. Permanent WFH for those not from the base city (i.e Mumbai/Delhi/Bangalore)

We should not work until our demands are met. Lets do this.

[Moved by moderator to this thread]
Yeah cause he’s clearly more valuable in the market place cause his job isn’t going to be automated any time soon.
Woh sab toh theek hai bhai, par ek baat batao, 'workmen' ki definition mai kaise aaoge apne retainer contracts ke saath?
Make 6 figures + with a useless law degree, good for nothing else except proofreading and Copy Pasting templates.

Zero Marketing Skills & originality, ability to even retain a client. So my friend, Expect to work 100 hour work weeks.
Minimum retainer fee also.

I am from a top 5 NLU and work in disputes team of tier 2 firm. My brother who is in 3rd year engineering from a top tier IIT is making more money than me during his internships.
Potatoes gonna potate. Promoters gonna procrastinate. Associates gonna get ass kicked.