Read 23 comments as:
Filter By
Having to spend unnecessary amount of money on clothes and bags just to fit in the surroundings or be judged otherwise, sounds a little privileged and entitled.
Have felt this quite a bit at internships, sometimes people can't just relax. Was thankful for online internships in the later part for this reason.
I can still understand keeping up appearance if you're meeting clients or going to court. I honestly don't know the point of being impeccably dressed to sit in a soulless cubicle for 16 hours. I reckon I can stare at Outlook and pull my hair in jeans and tshirt as well.
Quote:
unless the brand is paying them to endorse
Don't confuse "truly wealthy" with famous. :)
Well, Kim Kardashian/Oprah are billionaires but I bet they rakes many moolah for endorsements. If being a billionaire isn't truly wealthy I don't know what is
They have the endorsements because they're famous, not because they're wealthy.
As opposed to other billionaires who have no media profile?
What kind of bags do associates carry? Backpacks, laptop bags, handbags, briefcases? I assume bags are needed for laptop, lunchbox, wallet and misc things like powerbanks?

What are some common brands used by junior associates? Zara/ H&M or LV?
Pleas suggest the type of bag / size a new associate should buy? Please suggest brands and ideal budget also if possible?

(Ps: I’m an incoming A0)
Did you just equate Zara and LV? And which law firm pays their Associates enough to afford LV anyway?
It's mostly private law grads who are expected to do this, not NLU grads because the former come from generational wealth and are expected to have fancy items. NLU grads on the other hand are meritorious and partners are willing to excuse their appearances for their good work
Excuse our appearance lol. You make it sound like we go to work wearing beach shorts.
A 4-word comment posted 5 years ago was not published.
A 11-word comment posted 5 years ago was not published.