Read 57 comments as:
Filter By
Shoot down names of law firms which respect work-life balance (if any).
This would include:
1. Humane working hours
2. Respecting weekends
3. Follows labour laws
4. Actually allows time off and holidays
5. Where every deliverable isn't urgent
Girlfriend works for an Indian subsidiary of a major MNC. Work timings is 10am to 8pm. Most weekends are empty. Pandemic has given me a rare insight into how these guys operate. See her scream internally when uncles in Sales refuse to see why [work X against basic common/legal sense] can't be done.

She on the other hand shudders at the intensity of my (firm) work. Ends up doing dishes most nights because she gets done with work before me.

Fun times.
Singh and associates is the best to give work life balance and lot of money.
I've heard quite the opposite.
Salary is not quite good compared to its peers; the working conditions are horrible, where seniors always yell at you and even go to the extent of making very insensitive personal remarks to bully you; work-life balance is a completely alien concept.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong -- did they not make it mandatory for everyone to have their webcams on and for them to be in front of their laptops for all their working hours during the lockdown/WFH period? Like, even if you're doing something that doesn't require you to show your face, you're still supposed to have it on to prove you're working.
Associates in NDA are employees and are not on retainer. Does NDA follow labour laws?
Forget Law there are no private sector jobs in India which will ensure 5 points. When people talk about 4 days work week in Europe, what they dont realize is Europeans working for 4 days would mean an Indian employee would have to work for an additional day.
All Indian law firms, big or small, operate on a billable hour basis. That's their bread and butter. Any downtime for a biller (you) will mean a loss of money for them. The way Indian law firm partners work, it's a miracle we get to go home at night instead of billing 24 hours a day. Therefore, no law firm in India can meet your requirements.
I won't be surprised if the Government comes up with new laws allowing for 16 hours work day.The new labour codes already came up with a 12 hour workday........what you saying......We are not labour,we are lawyers- Huh? Joke.its now officially worse for lawyers than labour.Its established you have to stop working a resource knowing limits of physical labour/exertion,but mental exertion is not even a real thing here.Good luck, because we are all going to need it.
Especially with Nariyal Murti preaching 70hr work weeks with no pay increase
LKS, amongst others. Of course, every firm will have its share of shortcomings. Stop looking for a perfect firm. Pick the best one amongst the worst.

This is same across all industries, legal or otherwise.
The Big 7 I have heard have become extremely compassionate during these times. Especially CAM, Trilegal and SAM.
Very wrong.When we don't have a government that's showing enough empathy,how are you believing all this PR talk of empathy from law firms?TheWFH model has them more unreasonable in demands with basically an expectation of 24 hours on call worker.
High time we drop Luthra from this β€˜Big 7’. It’s not a Tier 1 now & hasn’t been so for a while.
You didn't bring it in. I doubt that you have the authority to take it out either.
Can't a single thread go on without bringing this up? Stick to the discussion.
I worked at a Tier 1 firm in Mumbai before going for LLM abroad. BIGLAW is as hectic as it is in India.
KCO Delhi generally offers a good work life balance. The Corp team is headed by Bharat and Rajat who are generally nice.
It is the place where there is semblance of a work-life balance and an effort is made to provide one. Bharat is one of the top lawyers but also a nice guy.
I heard Quillon Partners provides a good work life balance. Is this true ? And also to some extent Touchstone as well.
Any updated insights guys? Or any suggestions on good in-house teams fit in the above criteria?
Bump. Any improvement in situation? Firm with humane working hours?
Start one of your own and do onto others what thou seek to be done to you. (Law of Life, Cap, 0.098, page -3^5/7).

PS: Don’t forget to feed the green cat mushroom fries each Monday morning for additional Krupa for humane trick-ment.
What about DSK? Their people seem very happy from what can be heard.
KCO Bangalore definitely offers great work life balance. Great place to work!
Hi. How do I apply to this place? Any way to get contacts? I would be so grateful.
hey how do i get in contact for reference in kco , would be grateful for any help i could get
Samvad Partners does not give work on most holidays and Sundays, unless there is an urgent deadline on Monday. Saturdays, although an off, could be working at least for half day, if not full. Then again, pay scale can be below market for associates and senior associates. No idea about counsels and PA's pay scale.
JSA is still better off than most other firms. That’s why we’ve been winning Vahura’s award.

Have heard good things about Argus and Samvad as well.
Traditional Bombay litigation firms are good about hours. Try those.
Gaggar and Partners, SPN legal, Pioneer legal, kocchar, Vaish and Associates are all great places
A 20-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.
A 69-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.