Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
Please let me know the good team to work for competition law; SAM, CAM, AZB, Trilegal, Chandiok, TTA, Gaggar, any other if I am missing, please do let me know? I am a fourth year law student and want to apply to firms looking for opportunities. Guidance from my friends and peers here would be of great help.
If you're in 4th year just go intern at whichever ones will have you, and join whichever one you feel is best during internship

Chandiok is good in tier 2
Sarvada is great. Gaggar is known for their poor pay package 1(17-18k) and sad work culture. Interning anywhere gives you experience though.
This is true, I had interned at Gaggar 2 years back and found their work culture very horrible. 17-18 - it’s a shame!
Thank you so much for the guidance. How is the pay and work culture at Sarvada?
As a competition law practitioner, a word of caution - the practice area is largely saturated now. If you see, the firms with the dedicated competition and antitrust teams have basically maxed out the top level in terms of partners they might need (Trilegal might be the only exception but that's for a different set of reasons). Further, a lot of the partners in the competition teams are relatively young and also likely to still be in active practise 10-15 years from now unless they chose to retire at age 55 or so. So, unless there is an expansion within the market, times will only get tougher and tougher for antitrust practitioners in terms of opportunities and career progression.

One possible solution might be that companies in India finally mature in terms of understanding the need for specialized in house legal expertise, and in-house competition specific roles are created as you see in Western jurisdictions. However, not only is that unlikely but also will be in respect of a select few kinds of companies even if it does happen.

This might seem unrelated to your question but, in case you're exploring a career in this practise area, please do consider the above. If you're looking to just intern, go to the Chambers & Partners competition law listings page and you'll basically find a list of the relevant teams and practitioners. Although please do try to avoid the last rung of the listing.
Such well articulated points. Pure class !

If possible, can you please talk a bit about other practice areas as well so that students like me can make better choices?

(I am not OP)