Read 38 comments as:
Filter By
Bro, I’m just curious about how much do those graduated in 2011 making now in Mumbai, is it 4-5 cr ?
Which is the practice area with maximum scope for making money? Is it Gen corp, B&F or PE/VC?
CM EPs at Indus/ SCAM or maybe even SL herself makes more than the practice heads of some practices at Trilegal or Kco
Firms like S&R, CAM and IndusLaw mint money in the capital markets space. This guy has clearly not worked in such place(s) to make such comments.
Zia makes 60 cr

Shardul/ Cyril 100 cr

Late Rajiv Luthra was making 20 cr
Not true for all Tier 2. People interested in this topic should really find out how much Wadia Ghandy partners make. Trust me when I say that some of their partners make much more than 10-12 crores.
Really want to know which team you work at? Also, there shd actually be a thread on how much junior salaried partners make in Tier 1. Can tell you they make much less than a PA in Trilegal.
A 50-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
That was 3 months back.

Now they make 4-5 crores.

God knows why people down play numbers.
2011 grads are making about 2-3 crores a year. These are at the Bangalore offices. Why do people down play numbers. I have no idea.
Not if you are in the inner circle and liked by the powers that be. Sadly the ones that actually do good work always get the short end of the stick.
1 c+ Being a salaried partner at a small firm is a good option for PAs stuck up for years at biggies.
The total billing of smaller firms is in this range (with say 10-15 average associates and 3-5 average partners).
I saw the partners targets and remuneration at SAM Mumbai a few year ago. The document was on the table and I had gone to fetch something from a senior partner's office.

These numbers are close to the top names in SAM Mumbai adjusting for inflation. So it makes sense.
The question was about rainmakers/top partners. Why is it out of question? If Principal Associates can be paid 50-60 and young partners make about a crore give or take, why wouldn't L Viswanathan or Reeba or Yash Ashar make a multiple of that?
10 + crore for some Non - Founding Partners in an Indian Law Firm. Surprising.

What about the mid Tier and smaller ones?
If you know the right thread to look up on this website, you'll get a good idea of what are some of the top partners paid.
Not true at all. LV and Ashwath make about 8cr. Zia and Cyril make so much more.
Ashwath: 15-20 crores. Azb mumbai

LV: Cam mumbai: 15 -20 crores

Reeba: 10-12 crores

Yash: 10-12 crores
I reckon Senior Partners in law firms such as CAM take home about Rs 8 crores per annum.