Read 37 comments as:
Filter By
How much do top partners make at Law Firms (Tier 1, 2 & 3) per year?

By Top Partners, both Big time rainmakers and Founders are included.

Heard of any smashing record pays? Is thier billing separate/different from rest of the partners?

How different is the pay across different teams? Which team makes the most and least?
I reckon Senior Partners in law firms such as CAM take home about Rs 8 crores per annum.
The question was about rainmakers/top partners. Why is it out of question? If Principal Associates can be paid 50-60 and young partners make about a crore give or take, why wouldn't L Viswanathan or Reeba or Yash Ashar make a multiple of that?
Not if you are in the inner circle and liked by the powers that be. Sadly the ones that actually do good work always get the short end of the stick.
Ashwath: 15-20 crores. Azb mumbai

LV: Cam mumbai: 15 -20 crores

Reeba: 10-12 crores

Yash: 10-12 crores
Not true at all. LV and Ashwath make about 8cr. Zia and Cyril make so much more.
I saw the partners targets and remuneration at SAM Mumbai a few year ago. The document was on the table and I had gone to fetch something from a senior partner's office.

These numbers are close to the top names in SAM Mumbai adjusting for inflation. So it makes sense.
If you know the right thread to look up on this website, you'll get a good idea of what are some of the top partners paid.
For those curious as to which link this over smart person is referring to:

https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/187307-highest-paid-lawyers-in-india-per-annum#comment-234160

This thread has some interesting numbers (and I mean comments which show numbers backed by something concrete).

More specifically read this comment in the thread: https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/187307-highest-paid-lawyers-in-india-per-annum#comment-195079

If you read the judgment referred to in this comment, Ashwath's pay in FY 2008-09 was around 3cr:
"THE ASSESSEE HAS BEEN EQUITY PARTNER WITH LEGAL FIRM M /S. AMARCHAND MANGALDAS & SURESH A. SHROFF & CO. WITH EFFECT FROM 1ST OCTOBER 2008. THE ASSESSEE HAS RECEIVED SHARE IN PROFIT OF RS.57 54 075/- AND FURTHER RECEIVED RS.68 57 206/- AS PARTNERS SALARY FROM TH E SAME FIRM AND PROFESSIONAL FEES OF RS.1 55 34 998/-"

So reasonable to assume that senior partners like him are easily earning around or more than 6-8 cr now.
10 + crore for some Non - Founding Partners in an Indian Law Firm. Surprising.

What about the mid Tier and smaller ones?
The total billing of smaller firms is in this range (with say 10-15 average associates and 3-5 average partners).
1 c+ Being a salaried partner at a small firm is a good option for PAs stuck up for years at biggies.
Not true for all Tier 2. People interested in this topic should really find out how much Wadia Ghandy partners make. Trust me when I say that some of their partners make much more than 10-12 crores.
Hi my dudes -

Im sorry but YASH does not make 10 Cr. He is a capital markets partner at CAM. Capital markets is really not a high (or even a medium) margin practice area. Capital markets EPs pan India are the lowest paid partners on average. Maybe above real estate and IPR.
Firms like S&R, CAM and IndusLaw mint money in the capital markets space. This guy has clearly not worked in such place(s) to make such comments.
CM EPs at Indus/ SCAM or maybe even SL herself makes more than the practice heads of some practices at Trilegal or Kco
Which is the practice area with maximum scope for making money? Is it Gen corp, B&F or PE/VC?
2011 grads are making about 2-3 crores a year. These are at the Bangalore offices. Why do people down play numbers. I have no idea.
That was 3 months back.

Now they make 4-5 crores.

God knows why people down play numbers.
Really want to know which team you work at? Also, there shd actually be a thread on how much junior salaried partners make in Tier 1. Can tell you they make much less than a PA in Trilegal.
Answering with 100% certainty - the rainmaking corporate partners (top 3-4 partners, excluding managing/founding partners) at a certain Tier-1 firm (not AZB) are making 11-14 crores. Extrapolating from this, the top dealmakers in the country (Ashwath / Raghubir / LV) must surely be making >20cr+.
Zia makes 60 cr

Shardul/ Cyril 100 cr

Late Rajiv Luthra was making 20 cr
someone posted this

This article shows that Luthra and Luthra’s profit margin were almost 30%

https://www.legallyindia.com/lawfirms/saraf-warned-luthra-corp-profits-might-drop-from-rs-43-cr-post-covid-arcelor-loss-of-rs-42-cr-partner-books-20201106-11753

If SAM and CAM make revenues of around 1000 crores and most of the equity is owned by the
Shroffs as mentioned in the court filings of Shardul Vs Cyril Shroff wouldn’t they each be making close to 300 crores
A 50-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.