Read 82 comments as:
Filter By
A 12-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
Severely underpaid when the Boss is making big bucks. Also, salary is never credited without having to ask 5 times. :)
Delhi , Chandigarh , U P , R J , system is rotten too.

Just few seniors in every HC who pay well. Forget payment in district courts !
Can anyone suggest high paying seniors practising in Madras High Court
Can you please provide details and location of your senior, thank you :)
How much do you end up making in a year? And how do you get clients?
Hello can u please tell in which law firm you are working currently I'm a fresh advocate.
A 13-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
Arshdeep pays about 50K to juniors with 2-3 years PQE and bonus depends on your performance.
Litigators ko Inhi logon se satark rehna hai jo 'craft aur knowledge' ka dhong rachke juniors ko thagg lete hai aur unhe exploit karte hai.
You get my point?
2018 Batch.
Practicing under SC lawyer - 20k salary.
working hours - 11 hours a day.

Exploitation at its best !!!
How much do these people pay? Especially interested to know salary of juniors under Shri and Arshdeep.
When life is a joke, (for most litigants) everything ends up being funny. Great one !
What if during this faith having stage some emergency comes up (health, family, accident, etc.)? Would knowledge, craft and confidence pay the bills?
My college senior from Jindal told me Kartik Nayar's chamber paid her 50k in her first year in disputes.
Pradeep Sancheti and Mr. Dhond charge about 1.5 Lakh, as does Biren Saraf. Dhakephalkar, Dr. Sathe charge upwards of Rs. 3 Lakhs.
Everyone is saying that they draw a salary and then they also take their own clients, but what amount does a new lawyer charge to a client? Anyone who can provide numbers? e.g. per appearance, per client total, I get it that it varies but there must a range for a new grad?
Sorry to bother you

But I had another thing to add to OP

How much capital/savings do you think is needed to go independent in Delhi?

And how long is the general incubation period?

Thaaanks so much
Can you throw some light on how much a young recently independent advocate in Delhi can generally charge his clients?
If it’s not too much to ask

Is this generally the norm in Delhi?

If not, what other seniors would normally pay this much/more?

And how this figure would go up over the years in Mr. Raos chambers?

Thank you!!
Yeah, Mr Rajshekhar Rao, Senior Advocate was paying zero-exp. freshers Rupees 30,000 in 2018 itself.
Wait, could u explain "8-10 crores"? Do u mean his net income for the year? And if possible could you share his age/years of experience?
Any idea about Delhi?

I remember someone saying that some young seniors like Mr Rajshekhar can pay much more?

Any info whatsoever is appreciated
85 percent of litigation lawyers start off with less than 15k a month, with some being paid sub 5k for a month. With about 4 years pqe, it can reach a maximum of 35k.
Should have been more clear.

He's not a designated senior, he's a regular advocate. The year I joined his chamber was a really bumper year for him financially, he made double what I mentioned.