1. Amity University, Rajasthan
2. Asian Law College (ALC), Noida
3. Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam
4. Faculty of Law - Marwadi University, Rajkot
5. GLS Law College, Ahmedabad
6. The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
7. UPES School of Law, Dehradun

Pack it up, folks. This is it.
The title says it all. Forbes has lost it. To my reading not a single Tier 1 law firm is in the "top law firms' category. not-legit-quest.
The college list makes you think about all the people who are putting on posts on LinkedIn on being 'recognised as a legal leader' - how daft.
I am sorry to interrupt, You gave Maharaja Sayajirao University a 7th rank in your selfmade list but for your knowledge, MSU is the best university of Gujarat and it’s Law faculty is 3 best in Gujarat After GNLU and Nirma University and 33 Position in all India Rank. If for 3 Year LLB. MSU ranks first in Gujarat and in Top 10 of All India rank.

If Seen generally, Your list is absurd. Sorry to say that. But There are colleges like NLSU, NALSAR, NLU, DU etc.

But Putting Amity Rajasthan? GLS Ahmedabad? If GLS Mumbai was there we can understand. But GLS Ahmedabad? It’s way lower ranked and comes under Gujarat University which stands no where near to MSU.

So in your list if i will ever agree on certain university top ranked in India, Excluding NLU and Central Government University, We can Agree on MSU and UPES Dehradun only. But there also you missed Symbiosis, Jindal School of Law, Bharatiya Vidaypeet. Etc. Which are way better than UPES Dehradun compared to private fees.
Bro, i’m from MSU and it’s no where near the rankings not even top 3 in Gujarat and all. It’s horrible.
There was a fee of INR 50000 to participate in these rankings. Out of over 1500 law colleges, it appears they could sell the idea and get money only from these 7-8 colleges. All magazine rankings are useless be it India Today, Outlook, Week or now Forbes. Students can rely on NIRF and Careers360 rankings among Indian publications and QS World University Rankings & Times Higher Education for global ranking of law schools.
1.2: Shocking if true. It means DSNLU, a public university, paid such money. LI should do an investigation.
Only Maharaja Sayajirao University and DSNLU comes in NIRF Rank of Top 30. Rest are above 100.

Both of them are government controlled universities and I don’t think they would pay anything to sponsor or advertise as MSU is already a Top University in Gujarat and Top 5 in West Zone and In Top 30 of All India. There are more than 30k students studying in that university. Why would they do such cheap advertising. Students all over India as well as foreigners comes to study at MSU. You can Compare MSU with JNU. The quality of Education is great, Politics always there, Facilities are there that too first class facilities but not Like IIT or IIM. House of one of the biggest library of India Hansa Mehta Library which holds more than 500k Books.
If you think their college list is bad, please have a look at the individual lawyer lists. Hilarious.
Also number 1 in terms of dictatorship, defrauding students in the name of fake exams, and the only public university to offer 'coaching' for its own entrance exam to school-going students. Let's give credit where it is due.
Only ranking which makes sense is:

NLSIU

NALSAR

NLUD

JGLS

GNLU

NUJS

NLUJ

NLIU

Symbiosis

MNLU M
NUJS at 7th spot.................Lol.

Even clat aspirant know correct sequence
Only thing that makes sense is that you are trolly-trolly troll, who shouldn't get his troll tax paid.
NLSIU ceased to be number 1 in placement and LLM scholarships quite some time back, FYI.
Yeah. This was the right ranking. 10-15 years ago. NUJS is good but no longer a top 3 and NLUD is ahead of NALSAR.

True ranking based on current status and future potential for aspirants:

1. NLS

2. NLUD

3. NALSAR

4. NUJS/NLUJ (both have some advantages over the other now even though previously NUJS was considered better)

5. GNLU

6. JGLS

7. SLSP/ILS/GLC/HNLU/RML/RGNUL/NLUO/NUALS/MNLU Mumbai

8. Irrelevant which law school you join.
What advantage does NLUJ have now over NUJS? And what improvement has NLUD shown in terms of future career prospects of their graduates that took them ahead of NALSAR and NUJS?
NLUJ has no domicile quota (yet) and a better campus/infrastructure. In terms of graduate outcomes, all the same jobs (like vac schemes) and LLM opportunities are available to folks from both places. I think that qualifies as a plus over NUJS.

NLUD's graduate outcomes may not be much better than NALSAR or NUJS. But the reason I feel NLUD is better is because it is largely better administered, receives slightly more state support (not a lot nowadays) with less state interference in its governance, has no local reservation (yet), and its location is an advantage for any future growth prospects. How many good faculty would really want to spend their careers and raise their family in Shamirpet in the middle of nowhere?
NLUJ does not have a single permanent faculty member, which is why nobody good stays there for long. Domicile quota hasn't harmed the student performance of NUJS in the last 5 years. Campus size is an advantage at NLUJ, but the location is not. As far as jobs and LLM scholarships are concerned, NUJS is considerably ahead in terms of numbers and batch percentages both. You should check the stats instead of providing these random opinions. Further, the student body at NUJS is far more active. NLUJ student body is non existent and the VC runs the place like a dictator.

As far as NLUD's advantages are concerned, I agree with most of those, but none of that has created any considerable difference in their graduate performance yet compared to NALSAR, so clearly those aren't that important insofar as studying law is concerned. Moreover, no faculty member from NALSAR has actually quit to join NLUD, so the locational attraction is not that big. After the recent faculty exodus from NLUD, no good people have joined there either as replacement.
I think they meant top law schools from the bottom! Didn't even know these colleges existed.
JGLS has the best faculty in the country and still produces incompetent (and entitled) dorks. Imagine where they'll be if the faculty were NLU-level (unfortunate but true that the top NLUs don't have good faculty).
No, JGLS does not have the best faculty in the country. They have the highest number of faculty, that is all. Most of them are freshers and very few of them are known for their teaching ability.