Read 32 comments as:
Filter By
In the year 2023, around 11 people got top tier ranks from a school named Centre Point in Nagpur. How is this possible?

Apart from honest toppers like Rajat Maloo, Rishabh Shivani or Manhar Bansal- I haven’t seen people so many people ranking from a single school.

Then I have doubt on legaledge and their affiliation with ailet body. Are these rumours true?
CLAT ranks in 2020 by Legal Light also were damn sketchy, so maybe they're merit in what you are saying
This thread is not just blatantly offensive but it targets particular entities/individuals with no conclusive proof. Kindly learn to differentiate between speculation and concrete facts.

We are not only marking this entire thread trollish but also actively urging each one of you to not indulge in rumours related to apparent β€˜scams’.
How do you expect conclusive proof to be furnished here about an illegal activity? Are the LI readers CBI officers? Your entire website is based on rumours, hearsay and completely baseless accusations that you actively encourage in order to remain relevant. Are you asking for such proof when people make random comments about law firm individuals, law school admin, faculty, students and other professionals within or outside the legal profession? Individual names cannot be mentioned of course for defamation issues, but what else is LI about other than X has heard something from Y and wishes to talk about it to the rest of the community?
"This thread is not just blatantly offensive but it targets particular entities/individuals with no conclusive proof" - Seems like an apt description of majority LI threads these days, mate. Selective outrage much?
Clat 2020 itself was sketchy. With NLSIU conducting a separate exam and then not refunding the fees taken. The ranks were weird too.
i can't stand harsh gagrani. That dude took a shady testimonial from previous NLUD VC
He's now started a shadier venture called Legaledge Law School, where his team keeps using young law students to churn out half baked articles and blog posts. Kind of LawSikho lite (that place has got its own can of worms).
Wow! from alleged recruitment scam in GJS and DJS to this, seems money can truly buy everything.
In clat 2020 there was an entire passage which came directly from the CL Mocks. Had I known the affiliation between mocks of CL and actual exams would have attempted all but alas. Know friends who scored 5/5 in the particular passage and ended up at better places.

Sad sad.
All law entrance exams in India these days are rigged, especially high profile ones like CLAT and AILET. The individuals in charge of sensitive info are not screened or monitored in any manner. It's a business of crores with people willing to spend lakhs on shady coaching centres. Only once in the history of CLAT did a few individuals try to take on the coaching centres by delivering a different and unpredictable paper. There was a lot of backlash, but the batch that had got in produced some genuinely promising students across the law schools.
These are good points. Had this been IIT JEE or IIM CAT all hell would have broken loose, but no one cares about NLUs. Even Ashoka gets more media coverage than NLUs.
CAT is definitely rigged. I know coaching centres with "affiliations".

JEE ka sabko pata hai
Let me say this out loud. I know people from BO 2024 at NALSAR and NLUD who made it by paying 8 lakhs before CLAT. There is a whole mafia operating in this space. The NALSAR guy was from Bihar and somehow decided to choose a test centre in Uttrakhand. There were other people too who went to Uttrakhand from the same shady coaching centre but their exam centre was a NLU which had installed jammers and hence, the Bluetooth devices that they had attached did not function.

The set provided was a two-piece set where there was a belt and a small earpiece. The belt transmitted the signals and the earpiece which was very tiny in size picked up and played in their ears.

As far as the guy in NLUD is concerned. He did not even write his own paper. His OMR was replaced with a dummy one. He score somewhere around 18k in CLAT and somehow scored under 60 rank in AILET.

Even I was offered to do the same but then due to ethical and moral constraints I decided not to do it. The underground exam business is shadier than most of you will ever know. It is shameful and frightening at the same time.
I'm aware of the identity of the NLUD person. They have been known to boast about it in close circles. Don't know about NALSAR.
Every year NLUD has 1-2 folks whose CLAT rank will be in the thousands. The modus operandi is simple, the person writes the exam but either keeps the OCR empty or fills with a eraseable ink. At some point the sheet is replaced (that is ideal who wants to erase and mark the correct answers) and voila.

I know of a mining baron, a politician, a judge and a big CA who have used this tactic to get their kids into NLUD.
See the examination itself may not be rigged. You have a carbonised OMR sheet which itself proves the mettle of transparency plus the consortium doesn’t have the guts maybe to pull off something like this.

BUT there are some centres (especially in Pune and Maharashtra as a whole) where people got extra 30 mins to fill their OMRs. No one took any action.
It is rigged in so many ways, its rigged against people who don't read, against people who are not from cities, against people who's first language in not english, when I have my clat in 2020-21 I know a lot of centres where they had 40 more mins to the exam, where some of them were using phone, in comparison to my centre where they gave us 20 less minutes and annoyed us with paperwork during the exam time. It's dumb but that's life /rant
Entire legal profession got rigged and you're crying for a tiny so called entrance exam?
Not the OP, but obviously a student is more concerned about the entrance test and the overall discrimination directed towards Non/T3 NLUs.
Yes . One of the comments marked as trollish is a fact. But nothing can be done at this stage

Let these students pass or suffer as the consequences of their connivance or connivance of parents in this matter

However I feel that consortium should have been or must be more alert by the kind score they got , selection from an unknown coaching centre, same place, poor performance in other coaching centres mocks test, not getting rank even in 2000 in similar kind of test AILET and rank of below 100 in clat exam and that state produced 4 selection below 10 that year which never had 4 - 5 selection in the first 100 before or after . Truth can not be washed away .
2020 CLAT was a scam. With the pattern said to be Offline initially, it went online. The pandemic ruined it. Centres were so bad with Computers switching off, people complaining constantly, screen freezing etc. The invigilators were bad and there were no proper seating facilities. All this in a centre based in Mumbai itself. God knows how bad it would have been there in small cities. Also, there was this thing of wrong answers getting registered. It was a disaster. AILET was better.
A 2-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.