Read 30 comments as:
Filter By
Hello, so I have a friend (Muslim woman) who recently started wearing hijab but she's quite worried whether firms would allow her to do so. Asking on her behalf as she has no clue what LI is
Hope that applies to vermilion/bangles on married women, rings by all genders, and lockets etc.
As much as I have issues with CAM i call bull shit on this!

There have been blue eyed kids of the firm who had some form of hijab and it was nothing. Stop spreading bullshit.
During my internship orientation, the HR told me to keep my Christian cross chain tucked under my shirt, citing a policy against "overt religious accessories"
We have stringent anti-discrimination policies. She can work at JSA, provided she's good enough for us :)
How can someone with 3Year Lit experience , but no internship become JSA corporate worthy ?

Prime reason to stop litigation is that I have started to dislike courts.
Crap. One JSA EP is known for telling women to not put vermilion or wear bangles.
Hi! I am an associate at Trilegal who wears the hijab. During my time here the firm has been nothing but supportive. It was a non-issue, really. Nobody cares if you wear the hijab, or don’t wear the hijab. They respect your choices as long as your general attire (hijab included) is professional and fits with the dress code followed by your team. I understand your friend’s concerns, but ultimately do not fret over it. Your work, your demeanour, your perseverance matters more. You are just like any other associate and they are all just like you, as it should be.
It's funny to see the RW bigots fuming and downvoting these comments, but not being able to do anything to change firm policy for the worse.
Islamic colonization was worse than white mans. Speak louder for it too
A full hijab should definitely not be allowed. It is oppressive to women. Why should any organisation permit misogyny. At best a headscarf, with professional corporate attire.
You don't get to choose what's oppressive for women. Let the woman choose what she wants.
A 22-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
A 16-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
Funny that you have problems with people dressing as per their religious code.

You have all but abandoned the lifestyle choices of your ancestors and adopted the ways of colonialists.

Is it that you hate yourself for being a shill and don't like to be reminded of it?

Is it because you have no faith and feel small when you see someone who does?
Not the person who wrote that comment but I don't agree with the second point. Why drag in colonialism into everything? It is not that the lifestyle choices of "ancestors" are superior in any manner, when they had done their own share of oppression.
There's no one Indian tradition. Educate yourself better. Hindu Brahminical tradition is not the same as Indian tradition.
A 12-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
A 4-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
A 14-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
A 18-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
A 9-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
A 22-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
A 47-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.