Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
RMLNLU LUCKNOW has this beautiful policy now in 2023 of selecting candidates for its Ph.D. course who are its ALUMNI.

In 2023, out of 12 seats available in LAW at RMLNLU,

11 students were Alumni of RMLNLU (including B.A.LL.B. and LL.M.) and remaining was a guy from Lucknow University who was serving there as a GUEST FACULTY.

This policy has lowered the standards of RMLNLU and it will further go down with time.

No on campus placements, full on political recruitments, alumni quota and ji huzoori in Ph.D. will take down RMLNLU with time.

There is no going up.
We have lost the battle but the War isn’t over. Our NLU will rise again.
4/5th of the LLM batch is also alumni of RMLNLU BA LLB program.

You might blame policy or make unsubstantiated attacks about political recruitments or alumni quota.

But there is no such thing, university has no discretion in LLM admissions but every year 15-20/23 people in the batch are alumni.

Those who graduate from rml, love it's laid back curriculum and the opportunity it provides them to pursue and prepare for careers in Judiciary or Civil services. So, they obviously put it as their 1st choice and because their competition is from state colleges and low ranking private universities they usually are the better candidate. (It would be different if alumni from NLS/NALSAR/NUJS/NLUD applied for it and were rejected over an RML alumni, but it's not the case.)

You might say there is no going up, but it's fine as it is, rml is never going to become NLS, but it's fine as it is, there can be improvements for sure and there should be but the fact is those who wanna go corporate- get a chance, those who wanna try judiciary- get a chance, same for PSUs, acadmeia and UPSC.

It's not the best, but you're just taking out your frustrations on not getting selected by blaming ji-huzoori and politics and what not.

All the best.
From where did the issue of LL.M. come into picture? Makes no sense. Trying to deviate from the notion.

Anyway, seems like someone who got selected is trying to defend their legitimacy.
No wonder you didn't get admission, seeing as you're unable to comprehend a paragraph, I don't think you'd have been able to write a thesis anyway.

You had no proof, your allegation was based on one thing alone and that is "because all those who got admission are alumni, there must be something wrong."

I talked About LLM because, unlike phd their is no scope of discretion there and yet it is filled with RML alumni, many of my friends who put RML in 1st preference but didn't get it are pursuing LLM from NALSAR and NLU Jodhpur.

I looked at the Phd list, I recognized 5/12 people, So I'm not sure about your claim that all of them are alumnus, and assuming that they are, at least half of them didn't get their LLM degree from RML and most of them graduated in year 2016-2021.

I am not a PhD candidate and I really don't see the point of defending anything on a rant thread of a man child who can't believe he is not good enough so he decided to smear the institution. Also I know that State University or low ranking private college comment hit hard to home, and I'm sorry if I hurt your feeling.
Lol.

That long a reply to such small a comment?!

I guess someone is hurt badly and hiding their selection in Ph.D. too.

Wow, Multi Tasker.
And why did you assume the phrase 'Man child'?

Shows your common sense, kiddo.
Hey, what's going on here guys? Don't fight like kids.

Btw, this RML person recognised 5/12 people, is she/he the caretaker of records that the recognition can be relied upon?!! lol, just saying.
Btw, RML is also a State University. You might not know, because Ignorance of law is an excuse at RML πŸ˜‚
I'll be honest, I have a lot of free time these days and I prefer writing one big comment instead of writing 4.

When you live in a residential university, you end up knowing people, and it turns out my assumption that you are from some local State University or low ranking private college was true.

As I said I'm not a PhD candidate, so I don't need to defend anything, especially to some underachiever, who couldn't secure admission to a good college not once, not twice but thrice.

Yes I know rml is a State University, I am also aware all NLUs are State Universities, turns out you are equally unable to read between the lines and the lines actual lines.
Traditional Universities are equally good for research purposes.

Lot bigger library resources than RML.

You might be free, but I am not.

So bye, Ph.D. Selected candidate, Tada.