Read 35 comments as:
Filter By
Just the other day, I heard my partner say over a call that "wfh me kaam nhi hota, so I don't allow that at my office".It's funny coz she herself stays away from office most days and coordinate over call/gmeet.Why can't the legal industry have a wfh model just like all others, when all the major work is automated only?
+1. Worked for so long, very efficiently, from home. Wish it were permanent.
New firm, joined during the pandemic so we were WFH at least till I was there, left for my masters last year and now they have a hybrid model.
Not here - i'd literally be doxing myself since the firm is still relatively small
Slavery can't happen on phone or computer.You can't control a person through thus.But you can control a person physically in office.
It really depends. One team at Trilegal allows upto 3 days WFH every week
depends on team and partner. lala firms obviously like to assert control so they will stick to the traditional system as much as possible. For corporate teams in relatively newer and non family hounded firms like Indus, TTA, S&R you get reasonable WFH days.
FYI the partner in question is not from a 'lala' and is from a 'meritorious' firm
Why must corporate lawyers get WFH when litigators have to go to court everyday from the same firm?
Heard LexStart is a firm with wfh model and the same (according to their website) was in practice even before COVID.
We still have a hybrid model in SAM Delhi. 1 week wfo and 1 week wfh. Works pretty well.
Trilegal has WFH, Khaitan Mumbai gives 2-3 days of WFH, but there are some firms like AZB (Mumbai), CAM that do not have even a single day of WFH. But whatever AZB does is not unknown, they have been try to extract life from people working there for a long time. I interned with the prestigious team that sits in the PT office (AS & GG's team), it was the most dreadful experience I ever had. Too long working hours, filled to toxic and rude people, constant shouting by partners obver associates and then from associates to interns. They don't even offer PPO to the most talented and hardworking people. i interned with this one dude (from T1 NLU) great kid, worked like a maniac, stayed late, he literally had no life in Mumbai apart from coming to office at 9:30 and then leaving as late as 11:30, and still they fucked him over. it's just a sad state of affairs.