Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
Arey yaar someone tell NTA to conduct only in English language. What is this regional language fiasco? Will they read Austin in Bengali now? Not insulting any language but why they want to disrupt the common medium of English where clat is predominantly an English based exam. Our legal circle lacks logic. Also Delhi HC judges’s sons couldn’t get in.
As much as I understand this move is inclusive in nature and opens the doors to many, i think it is very shortsighted. Firstly, the RC section and its standards could be differential across languages making it unfair ground of comparison. Secondly, What next? the medium of teaching in Ntl Law Schools is English, with the crowd being diverse. The books, commentaries are primarily in English and not the local language. While considering placements too, I believe the reality is such that Law firms would expect the candidate to be fluent in English first and the Local language is a plus point in Litigation. So these candidates have to now struggle in law school with academics, peers, placements and internships. Also, The HC requires you to have a good command over English. So i genuinely think it is a short sighted decision. Depositions, case laws, search engines, everything has to be available. HALF BAKED help, complicates things for all.

If you plan to make CLAT inclusive, you also have to make sure the System is ready and capable of working as efficiently (Not saying the system is efficient, but at par) with what is there right now.

Regards.