Read 32 comments as:
Filter By
LI Moderator is not only slow - but is also biased (lefty -woke) and does a bad work of moderating. Can AI replace him/her/them/whatever? Can an AI software be a better mod alternative?
Yes, we are indeed looking into replacing us (at least in part) with an AI Overlord...

Please do share ideas for moderation rules the new Woke AI Overlord should follow. We are thinking of going with:

1. Be kind.

2. Be honest.

3. Be helpful.

Ps: As an update, we're also looking at
I understand your intent, dear mod. But, in today's political climate, vague virtues such as 'kindness' are all too often used as trojan horses for one-sided agendas, and are anyways often simply doublespeak.

I do not accuse you of any such thing - I am merely trying to inform you of the poor perception this creates amongst those who find themselves at odds with your political bent or moderation style.

Now onto the main question - Do I have disagreements about the mods' ideological leanings or efficiency and speed? Perhaps. But AI? I like human mods better - they can be reasoned with, persuaded, understood at a human level, and held accountable. AI is no substitute. Only those who are unwitting and recent passengers on the hype train and do not grasp the technical as well as philosophical problems with AI 'overlords' would suggest such a thing. In fact, ideally there should be as little technology at play as possible (to maximise the human element). If it were practical, I would prefer a weekly face-to-face informal discussions to a website.
Seriously. This Moderator is not only slow and lazy as well as poor at comment marking (marks genuine comments as trollish and vice-versa) but s/he also encourages the most useless discussions on absolute nonsensical topics like celebrity gossip, bf/gf relationship issues, etc. I honestly feel they should just shut the site down rather than have this guy keep moderating it.
While I agree that certain topics and discussions get too sexual or inappropriate at times, I'd also like to take a moment and thank the LI moderators for keeping this website running, especially for free. As a first gen student, this has helped me a lot in gaining better perspective of the realities at firms. I don't have many contacts but I do consider the advice I receive here often w.r.t internships and career guidance. So this has been a great resource for me, thanks to the moderators.

They can obviously improve on certain aspects but that shouldn't make us ungrateful.
First gen student here. I have been here since my CLAT days, which goes back to 3 years. The website has been of immense help.
Dude I've been a lawyer for four years and I have been visiting LI since even before I joined law school. I remember when there was a proper forum, I had asked multiple questions about law schools there.

Comparatively, the site is shit now. Just get more mods if you're understaffed. Volunteers. It's free. At least the site won't stay unupdated for 30+ hours at a stretch ffs
Exactly! Please float notification for volunteership. Many law students like me would be more than happy to volunteer for the same
We are looking into it, though moderation is not easy. However, we are wondering if a longer moderation cycle can also have a benefit, as it slows down discussions to be less 'addictive' in the social media sense, in that you don't need to refresh 12 times a day. This could actually foster more considered responses, rather than making it too much like a WhatsApp chat.

Any thoughts?
Sorry kian but it doesn't slows down discussions to be less addictive but actually encourages us to move to other any kind of social media platforms like this to share thoughts where moderation is done fast, that's the fact!
Waah!

Taking "it's not a bug it's a feature" to an all new level.

You think immediate replies would make it like a WhatsApp chat -- have you ever been on ANY message board/forum on the internet, like, ever??
I am new here, who is the moderator here? Name of the person(s), I have to be careful before posting anything if the moderator happens to be anyone in my college or firms, where I have worked. The names of the people handling LI, please?
You could be from our college, you could be our boss or junior or brother or sister, but we'd have no way of knowing: we only record pseudonymised IP addresses to prevent spam, and those get regularly rotated, so we have no way to link you to a real identity (unless you choose to reveal yourself in a comment, which we generally try to gently discourage).
@Admin Off topic here, but I'm not able to create a new post for some reason, but I can still reply to existing posts. New posts say "404 error not found" when I click to create them. Any way to fix this?
Hi, thanks for sharing - we haven't come across this yet - is this the 'create new posts' button at the top that gives you the 404, or the one from the bottom? We'll experiment with some options and see if we can reproduce / fix
As of now, the interface hasn't been changed completely. You have to enter the new interface in order to create new posts.

If you try doing it on the older interface, it'll show 'not found'. I hope it help :)
LI was intended to be a forum to exchange information about things related to law.

But as of late, the platform can be seen publishing the most deranged posts...from the ego battles of various law schools, the oddest worries of batch of 2023 and the craziest one as of late was about someone armpit fetish...all of this brings into question the legitimacy of the role of the moderator.

Kindly do better and maintain the dignity of this forum.