Read 31 comments as:
Filter By
Hi seniors,
The results of mhcet just came out and I got a rank good enough to get into both glc and ils. However I am confused because I've heard many negative things about glc, including its lack of infrastructure/ college life and affiliation to Mumbai University.

Could you tell me whether ils would be better for me in 2021? Thank you.
Nope go for GLC it's cheap and you get to intern throughout the year. GLC also has b a better alumni base than ILS because of it being one of the oldest law school in the country.
GLC anyday, but the costs of living in Mumbai are higher.
- Better corporate placements compared to ILS
- Location advantage (Churchgate)
- You can intern all the time no need to attend classes.
- Brand Name (Oldest Law school in India)
A 30-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Make a comment -stay in a bad college. Then spend another year there and see the fellow droppers already getting internships at a tier 1
I am glad the number of downvotes have proven this thing completely wrong xD
A 17-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
Take GLC blindly, you can literally intern throughout your law school. Considering it’s so close to Bombay hc tribunals and all law firms have offices around them but if you want a holistic growth like infrastructure campus life regular lectures take ils. Though I would still prefer glc as these things like college life and all do matter but not at a great extent.
ILS- great infra and campus whereas GLC is a 11 BHK flat- right outside Churchgate. Also, Life in Pune is way more cool than Bombay.

However, where GLC stands out is the exposure that students have with local law firms in Bombay- enhances your chance to get employed by interning/articleship with firms throughout your law school.

Although my heart suggests ILS but mind says GLC anyday.
ILS has a better traditional college atmosphere.
GLC is good if you work hard and intern from day 1.
GLC will give you a good job if you do this.
I person would choose ILS and have a college life.
If you can afford staying in Mumbai or if you are from Mumbai, then GLC, if not, then ILS.
I have heard that GLC has implemented the 75% attendance criteria. Ask someone from the uni.
I have just completed my 5 year course from the College and believe me or not, choosing GLC over any other college has been the best career decision I have taken.

For the first 2 years i have had the opportunity to intern with Independent Practitioners and Senior Counsels full time, without having to worry about any college attendance (the requirement is 0) 3rd year was pandemic, though towards the end of it I secured another internship at a renowned real estate firm where I signed my Solicitors Articleship a couple of months later.

Now, after about 2 years of practice in real estate I can independently draft transaction documents like Leave and License Agreement, Release Deeds, Powers of Attorney etc and need minimal assistance while working on Conveyance Deeds, Development Agreements, Settlement Deeds. I have gone for registration of documents, dealt with sub registrars, search clerks etc.

I have learnt more law and the business side of it at my firm than i can even think of learning in any law school.

GLC also has one of the most sought after placement cells. One can have a look at the website.
please tell me about sports what all of students do to play .Is any ground close to the college where they can play games.

any college sport fest co-curricular activites and all
GLC has a very active Football team. It is also in the process of making a Gym on the ground floor.

No college sports fest.
Check GLC's placements website man. You'll see how huge @$$ placements these guys get !!
One fine person has stated most aptly on this thread, "Although my heart suggests ILS but mind says GLC anyday"

This is it.
Have been in GLC for 4 years now and I still relate to this so much. Very very accurate
GLC anyday

ILS’s placements are bad,really really bad and it will make you suffer with their 75% attendance criteria. It’s in pune so the exposure is also very very limited.

Go to GLC
Could ya rate ILS on a scale of 1-10 for the following:
Great teaching faculty
2) A competitive & healthy environment (preferably nhi bhi hua so ok)
3) Constant moot courts
4) Compulsory college assignments for academic credits
5) International exposure in terms of student exchange programme, visiting faculty from aborad
6) Excellent amenities and infrastructure
7) Updated syllabus which is at par with contemporary syllabus of NLUs, SLS, BITS
8) Good Alumni Newtork Base
9) Well-equipped library and legal resources
10) OMG The most imp thing. COLLEGE FESTS & COLLEGE LIFE1) Great teaching faculty
2) A competitive & healthy environment (preferable nhi bhi hua so ok)
3) Constant moot courts
4) Compulsory college assignments for academic credits
5) International exposure in terms of student exchange programme, visiting faculty from aborad
6) Excellent amenities and infrastructure
7) Updated syllabus which is at par with contemporary syllabus of NLUs, SLS, BITS
8) Good Alumni Network Base
9) Well-equipped library and legal resources
10) COLLEGE FESTS & COLLEGE LIFE

04:48 PM
A 3-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.