We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
For a number of reasons I decided to quit (I actually just couldn't stand the thought of going back to that office again) and move back home. I thought getting another job will not be very difficult but it seems like it is impossible to get a job now. I have 9-10 months of PQE and almost an equally long career gap and I don't know what to do. Goes without saying, I left on really bad terms too.
What is my most realistic next steps? Money is a big issue and I cannot keep depending on my parents like this.