We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
It was my ambition from 3rd year itself that I wanted a good corporate law career especially in a reputed law firm. But now future is looking bleak.
Now please don't get me wrong it's not that I cannot get a job in my State or prepare for Govt jobs. In fact those are my backup plans. But I have a vision of making it big in the corp world and I still won't give up without trying.
So according to your opinion, should I continue applying to firms, or should I take up a job at a local firm in my state and then attempt to shift up year by year, or should I pivot to an MBA (Note: My mathematical skills are weak and I generally hate equation stuff)