Read 2 comments as:
thread
newest first
Filter By
Featured
x
What is going on in my life.
My circumstances of depression and chronic indecision were similar to yours. I don't regret studying the law but studying the law and practicing it are two very different things. The work is usually repetitive and you'll be reading and typing all day. staring at a screen or a stack of papers all. day. long. I liked studying the law but I've realised that I don't like being stuck in the office all day even when I'm done with my work and dealing with office politics, commute takes its toll on me. I would say go for a degree that isn't as long as a ba/bba llb (which is 5 or 6 years depending what route you take) but before doing this write down 5 interests that you have and if you have the connections or can wing it somehow, intern in these 5 fields to decide which one you like best and then choose the degree you would need for that field. This is the advice I wish I could've given myself before I decided to go to law school. Good luck
+0 -0
...
🔗 Permalink: #497831📋 Copy permalink to clipboard
So I failed 12th PCM, was in depression for a while then decided to take a drop year and study but my depression got worse cause family got the pressure cooker on my head making my depression even worse. Gave exam in NIOS and failed again. This time it wasn't that bad because I was prepared from the first time. Thought to go international for a fresh start. Prepared seriously for it until a rich uncle came into my life, told me about the business life so I switched to commerce but after prepping for a while I pondered for the fact that I will miss my college life. I know its a good path that I will be stepping in the family business but being honest I don't know where to go. I want to live life. I am not that serious regarding money, just enough for good security and I just want to explore life. 200 years from now on it wouldn't matter what happens to me. I don't know what to do, I am currently thinking of CLAT but at this point am I just running away? I think I am, I have started some therapy sessions from a well known Psychologist but I genuinely don't know what to do. I think I am hasty with my decisions. I read the things I just wrote and I am hasty. I don't think when I decide to do something. If there is someone elder here in this thread then please share your thoughts on it. I know law isn't an escape, I will face a lot of pressure but being honest I like to solve puzzles and law is something which does attract me a bit, answering questions on precedents and reading. I think the year is over for clat; only 2 months remain and I don't think it would be possible for me to get into NLSIU. I might just focus on family business for now and start preparing for CLAT 2027
+0 -0
...
🔗 Permalink: #497722📋 Copy permalink to clipboard