We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
Obviously I have these questions because I lack connections through family or socially as a first-gen lawyer. My no name college means I have no option except "going for" litigation
What is the general pay in Mumbai offered by independent practitioners? I know a senior who at 3 years with the same senior is getting a shit sum of 7500 p.m.
This senior is decent skill-wise but unfortunately (like me) is an introvert
Another friend and many others like this other person make around 10-15 p.m.
This is lesser than minimum wage for unskilled labour! Hearing about that 7.5k dude has scared me $#!+less.
Should I really take up any offer that comes or should I take a drop and prepare for banking exams in the meanwhile?
I am from Mumbai, if this context is necessary
OP, are you sure you've quoted the right figure? If that's true, Can't decide who's the bigger loser, your senior friend who accepts less than what maids or drivers in Mumbai make, or that penniless senior who has no shame paying that to his/ her junior.
15K per month sounds standard for a fresher. Get going, don't delay enrollment
If possible, smack that friend of yours or dunk his head in water so that the poor bloke wakes up. He'll thank you later
'Twas a mess as to which senior were you referring to, as in your senior/ friend or that senior's (friend's) senior. If you're an introvert, chuck litigation. You'll fail miserably given your non-existent background in the legal profession.