We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
My luck was so bad that even SLS Pune rejected me (mainly because of two gap years, lack of national level achievement and average board marks).
I have taken admission in NMIMS Mumbai. After talking to some seniors and peers, I don't think there are good chances of me getting placed. I am a first gen lawyer with absolute zero connections in the legal sphere. The idea of asking lawyers of high court and random NGOs for an internship is very intimidating. I feel very uneasy and running away from here. Because of the second drop year I have lost all the friends that I had. There is no support system whatsoever. Dad is busy most of the time and my mother feels I am capable enough to decide what is best for myself.
My question is should I write CLAT & AILET again? Will people accept someone who is joining college at 20 years of age? Will I be named as a old dog who can't learn new tricks? Is my story over?