We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
Now, in your law firm career, you will at max make 1 crore after 10 PQE at least. Post-tax, I believe the income would be close to 7 LPM in a TIER 1 CITY.
This is a good-money but nothing spectacular given that it's a T1 city.
Also, help me understand how some people on LI are claiming that partners are driving premium cars that cost upwards of 60L? It is not possible unless they are being impractical.
I mean as a partner, a few years down the line, you can at best have a decent flat, a good car in the range of 20-25 L and a good lifestyle (depending upon how you are spending on expenditures).
OR is there anything that I am missing? I am underestimating what a partner makes or I don't understand how money works? Or, am I just on point? Help me understand.
There, fixed it for you :)
At work, you have people who will fight (extremely hungry/ ambitious) to work for you or serve you. Ultimately, everyone stays because of their self image and how it makes them feel.
Money > > Status > > Power