We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
I still don't understand, what exactly is one needed to write in an answer to get the maximum marks possible?
Let's take an example. Say the subject is property law, and the hypothetical question of 10 marks is on the topic of adverse possession. In short the hypo is a mix of facts from various real judgements on adverse possession.
Now, it's obvious you have to write the cases, based on the facts and precedents of which the hypo was created. But I know at this point that writing the relevant cases and laws only gets you 5-6 marks. What did the top scorer write to get a 9 or even 10 on that?
Do i need to pick up a commentary on property law, and mug up as much as I can on adverse possession, and dump that info on the paper? Do I need to write many more cases, which even the professor has not taught? Do I need to remember the citation numbers?
Any help would be appreciated.
IRAC helps to a point - however OP has already pointed out issues with the approach.
Kuchh bhi likh de
I did the same.