We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
If the students are united, then this equitable policy can be implemented.
Frankly, if I were an MC firm partner reading this thread and I saw this nonsense about 'putting foot down' especially from non-UK unis, unless I really had a need for Indian talent, I'd go back to my firm and put through policy changes that meant my firm wouldn't sponsor visas for Indian law students' vac schemes (this would, ironically, in a way give me browny points with the UK government in my hypothetical scenario, as a key line of attack used by Sir Keir Starmer is that 'bad bosses' rely on immigration to import low-cost foreign labour, so I'd be able to convince a government whose instinct is to be suspicious of entities like mine that I am not a 'bad boss'!), so please be careful what you wish for.