Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
Right, I was told that my performance was fantastic, but they are just restructuring.

I am way harsher on myself than you can imagine.
they didnt want to offend your feelings but found the extra money not worth it - this is the bottomline
I mean, getting commendation from the Client is the highest form of good feedback I can get. I have closed transactions in record time, something admitted by the Client's legal teams.
Further, I had an offer in hand last year, which I told my partners and told them that I want to leave.

I was offered 5x of the increased remuneration as bonus after one year (due in September).
Because since I am relatively new in the profession, I took my partners' word on face value and mistakenly thought that they want the best for me......

Burnt my hand and learnt an expensive lesson.
Share some more details like the practice area, preferred/base city etc.
this restructuring of team reason has also been cited at a leading restructuring and insolvency team of the 150 year old law firm in Mumbai.
MBA is a safe option IMO. If you can afford it, try to do an MBA abroad and settle there.
I mean abandoning the legal profession altogether?
Hey, try applying through recruiters. You don’t have to mention you got laid off. Wait for a month and start applying. Just say you took a break of 2-3 months. Lot of people have gaps before they join a Tier 2 firm. After that they again join back a Tier 1 firm.