We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
I think I am too late maybe for law but I am interested but fearful simultaneously. I am almost 24 year now with a year of college and 6 months of internship left after college. I am in a very good college of a very bad course aka government physiotherapy.
I started graduation late due to failure in exam and my bad mental and emotional state . Exam failure linked to bad phase of life and lack of focus or will.
Schooling completed in 2018 pcb with 90+ aggregate and 100 in biology.
Failed neet multiple times never was serious to crack it. In fact I wanted to quite studies and felt life is worthless forever.
Mom filled bpt form and I cracked the relatively very easy exam by studying just a week for it due to less applicants and got air under 100 and category 30 something so got admission. I scored more than many gen but I am obc so took obc seat.
Why telling category cause I have read reports and saw news etc that there is relatively very less reserved category people at top in judiciary and selection process is not favourable for promotion and they not give preference all are mostly gen judges at top. Saw some news related to one judge not getting chance so became interested and did my research and read reports and articles.
Recently I have got inclined towards law and lawyers too. From top political figure to CM to social workers I am impressed by them. Also I am binge watching court proceedings on YouTube.
Listening to interviews of lawyers, etc.
My inclination is both monetary and Status or intellectual fulfilment as it's a field of well read well educated people and physiotherapy is just a low status position in healthcare inclined towards rehabilitation.
I didn't tried for mbbs even in college few of my batchmates got mbbs. I never tried cause I know medicine is not for me. I ain't made for this also the risk involved and people being violent.
I even got harrased as a physio too. Got slaped by a old man so I know I don't wanna do work for free treat them and get beaten up or something.
I want respect.
So yeah sorry. Coming back.
Monetary respect :: my friend from law background got some 25 lakh package from the West bangal nlu but she rejected and preparing for upsc (idk why maybe it's hectic or less powerful field than upsc idk cause I ain't from law community) . Her college is the top nlu the second one after bangalore one. As a corporate lawyer she got that pakage so I think I should join for money as physiotherapy pays peanuts or can even be unemployed. I ain't asking her cause she seems not inclined towards law field.
Plus she started early just after school.
Government job pressure and fear of family for life :: Family want to see my as a normal govt officer grade b, c, a whatever. Desk job.
They afraid of law as my own relatives who were advocate got killed by the other opposition party so they and I too think it's risky.
We middle class a mere 50k job is good enough for us.
My Dream in law :: I would like to go for corporate law as I am first generation lawyer and litigation is not recommended for 1st gen.
Alternatively I do dream of becoming some judge inspite of the news of judge or their families being harm or killed. I do love the power and honor associated with it.
Pls guide me and tell me when should I jump in law or should I never go this path.
I do see guidance videos on you can start late after job and a financial backing for fun.
But I don't wanna do it for fun. Even if I get financially secured in future. I want to be famous and leave a mark.
Also judiciary exams have age limit. I can't be elligible after 35 .
This whole discussion cause llb is more than 2 years it's 3 and government study leave limit is 2 year only.
If I join job my dream of law will go away.
If join college of law will any corporate firm be interested in a aged graduate around 30 . Will they ever recruit me. Also private sector can fire me any day. I am only afraid as they can show bias due to old age or reserved category tag and if I perform good still they can choose younger people or gen that they will most likely think more talented as why someone became this old to graduate and must be stupid or something do try law at 25+.
Also litigation takes time. And will someone take me under him at a age of 30 starting even if I show academic excellence or interest.
I am getting 60+ in my course and getting firt division in any medical course even physiotherapy is tough as medical college don't give generous marks.
I can go in 65+ or even 70+ range but I am lazy to do so as it's not my choice of career and I see no scope or very little also I started liking law.
I don't even think mba as thsts just high pay no respect or power. Job.
Summary ::: I AM INTERESTED BUT DEMOTIVATED AND INCILED BUT AFRAID OF LIFE RISK AND ALL. TOO CONFUSED SEEK ADVICE AND GUIDANCE.
PLS HELP
SORRY FOR LONG ESSAY TEXT.
Threat to life etc. is pretty low lol, that is not even a consideration most have.
However if you really want to study law you can enroll in some distance course or one that doesn't have a strict attendance requirement like CCS and do a job alongside.
Studying a 3 years full-time course and that too LLB this late is not a good idea. I myself started LLB pretty late - will graduate just before 26 - and it troubles me. Many of your peers will be earning and growing while you will be studying for a degree.
And thanks a lot of telling about age and i won't be preferred as old. Thanksa lot for that you saved me by telling age factor thing and the low attendance thing.
Can you tell me if MBA from a decent college be be better option or mba at 26 and complete by 28 is old too. My known people are MBA at 23 or 24 max.
Is 28 late for MBA too considering fresher no experience and is mba Employable at 28 .
Again thanks a lot.