Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
I never knew senior/equity partner makes so much.

Why the hell they don't retire? They can easily retire within 5-8 years of becoming senior partner.
Bec they've gotten to partner likely because they love the work and now don't want to give it up. But I empathise. I would immediately retire once I have Rs. 15 cr in my account/as properties (in today's value)
Lifestyle creep is a real problem. Also, many EPs (but definitely not all) are not liquid enough to retire, have massive EMIs and often have a large number on non-earning dependents.
The pay mentioned by you consists of fixed pay or fixed pay + bonus?
Bang on. One additional point is that many firms usually waive off targets for the first few years and hire partners for a loss. Some partners attract more hires, do more admin work and bring benefits to the table beyond just targets.
Not OP but have a few more questions:

1. Do these poached Partners and their teams bring in their clients from their previous firm to new firm? Is that possible?

2. How/why does the whole team shift firms?
hi, is there any book I can read/video I can watch to understand more about the business side of a law firm?
Really curious about the first question, based on my little knowledge, don't these partners sign a non-compete?

Who do the clients actually belong to? The Partner or Firm?
MANAN LAHOTY, 9 Junior Partners and 50 associates are jumping to CAM.

What has CAM offered them. More than Indus pays? How can CAM afford what Indus cannot?
lets not make everything about manan lahoty kiddo, there's no way you will be getting an internship at CAM.
A 8-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.