We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
Does anyone in any college get any perks for doing this work? The only “perk” I’m seeing is staying in contact with Law firm HRs developing rapport with them and some partners.
Honestly though, I don’t see how these networks are anyway going to benefit me a year from now when I start job. Eh. If there are any perks given in any other nlu, I would be happy to know
The only benefit I found was a new found confidence of talking to a wide variety of people, developing a regular practice of responding to formal emails, and the joy I got when I was finally able to get a friend a job. Those really stay with you for a long time.
RCC helped me in manyways, got to know about niche firms which in turn made me aware about niche areas. Got to know almost all of my batch + seniors due to regular calling etc for internships. And many other soft skills. But realistically what do you get for working in the moot committee? Sports committee?, it is a college committee dude if you want a salary for doing this work then maybe don't do it?