We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
- Even I work hard and get paid decently enough to sustain myself (average) in a city like Mumbai. However, right now I feel a major portion of my professional development is related to arguing, appearing, drafting, liaising with clients and other counsels/solicitors etc., trying to get better with every going brief (but it is mainly Court related work)
- However, I feel that in order to increase my prospects, learning and skill, I should change/switch and try something new apart from litigation? Or is it just me convincing myself that I would not be able to sustain myself in a place like Mumbai, Delhi keeping in mind that the trends and factors (beyond my control) which often translate into having a successful practice? any help would be appreciated?