We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
I am LLB graduate 2024 batch Non-NLU good uni , with no extensive placements or any job offer. I am interested to explore IP and financial regulatory domains which I did not explore in my law school However I have publications and certifications. I have applied to ip law firms and regulatory ones too. My applications are getting acknowledged too. I am in dilemma if things go forward, how can I explore and decide which one I should be pursuing.
I have few questions and doubts.
Which law I should focus more ? Or if I feel the need to switch What is the timeline associates should consider before switching to different practice area ? Also please tell me how is the environment in firms and learning growth in these practices areas. And Which firms I should be targeting
I am in need of guidance! Thank you :)