We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
After much hard thought-processing, I have realized that the inhouse position is something that suits me best-not that I am lazy or something but I enjoy to be more on the decision making aspect of things rather than executing them. I don't know how to approach a company as all my internships have been in litigation only and I lack a proper corporate exposure.
I am aware Companies would be hesitant to directly take me in for job and that's why I want to approach for assessmentship. My questions:
1. would doing an assessmentship be good in my case?
2. how do i convince or what approach should i adopt as most of these beginner positions are exclusively for recent graduates.?
Thanks for going through this all and am really hoping that I can get some answers to my query from here.