We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
All PPOs and job offers around the world work on references. They cud be contact based, academic, or professional. The last two are in your hand, build networks on them. Or do the first by marrying into them.
So I'm interning at a T3 firm. Something weird happened and I'm not sure what to make of it.
My co-intern just got an internship extension for the next few months, which I thought was pretty rare here. Now I'm wondering - is this a normal thing, or is there more to it?
Someone mentioned that this kid's relative is buddies with one of the partners. Got me thinking - does having contacts really make that much of a difference for internships? Can you just hit up a partner if you know them and score an extension just like that?
I always thought were super strict about this stuff, but now I'm not so sure. Is this kind of thing common and I'm just out of the loop?