We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
To other place, if they really liked you and are nice bunch of people. Explain your situation and they'll understand. While give them a hint you'll eventually join them maybe 1-2 years down the line.
Difference between 60/80 k isn't that much vis-a-vis the bad reputation you'll earn.
The partner I work for is very respected in the practice area (very niche practice area), so I don't know if I should leave and join the other firm, as it will leave a very bad impression if I leave in a week or two, as many of my seniors told me not to leave on bad terms, and if I leave most likely it will be a hostile exit.
Please help!!!