We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
After having to relocate from a Tier 2 city to a Metro was definitely a daunting task. Especially navigating brokers, landlords, support persons and doing things for the first time. While we talk so much about how to start our legal career, no one tells us about the challenges in shifting cities and finding your comfort. In this regard, I had a slightly rough start with some landlord issues. But now I am doing fine. I had my first day at work yesterday. We had a nice orientation, interactions with teams and partners and overall a smooth start to the journey. I know it's very early but I think things will slowly fall in place. I think law firm/litigation/any legal career sometimes becomes so thankless that we forget to see our value professionally, affecting us personally. I only hope I can find like-minded co Associates at my firm. I got some work that I realised that I enjoyed doing. What I was really worried was whether I would like the work I do. I think that I might. And that's the best feeling I can have right now.
Not trying to make a journal entry here, sorry if I still ended up doing. To those who are working their ass off for a job, give your best and come with a clean slate. Don't let too many reviews and feedback sink into you before you even get to experience it. Those still figuring out or trying to make it, I hope you do. There is little I can do at my level. But I hope you do find your way and best wishes for that.
PS: I hope through LegallyIndia, we can make the young lawyer community more friendly, welcoming and positive.