We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
1. LLMs are of no use, it's a virtual suicide to your corp career.
2. NISM LLM which actually had placements closed it's programme down this year.
3. Graduate Insolvency Programme - Too expensive and ROI is very uncertain (sadly was good for previous batches but has tanked now)
5. am not interested to appear for Govt exams.
4. CAT- would take a lot of effort since I am not from tech/maths background
Have no option left but to prepare for easier MBA entrance exams and CS (which would be useless since I have more legal experience than a semi-qualfied CS)
On top of that , i feel horribly stuck due to my family situation caused due to a major family backlash last year. My mother decided to separate from us, leaving behind with me an ailing father and half of family property. This means I would be anle to relocate to another city for job, luckily I live near a metro city and can travel back home on weekends, which is the only saving grace of my miserable existance.
So by now, you would have guessed I am a total goner. No connections, no family support, no family wealth, no money and slim hope. It's astounding that how perfect things were just a couple of years ago - college, decent academic career trajectory, happy family, healthy body have totally disappeared. I never hoped for a life life this, and pray noone faces this.
Just want an ernest and genuine advice from anyone who might be able to guide me what should I do in the coming 6-8 months to make things a bit better for me.
Thank you sincerely.
All the best
I have lost a parent and facing depression last 2 years so know how it feels.