We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
That's why nobody knows you.
You just proved the point of this thread, that is, non-NLU students are unnecessarily hostile towards NLU students. You just could not respond without using "Dumbfks" and what not. Learn to be polite, argue, and discuss points of contention, will help you become a good lawyer in future.
if there is a better more optimal way of doing admissions- sure lets go for it. But I dont really see easy solutions. If anything I think the exam should be tougher.
Besides your law school doesnt determine your career. Many people fo to DU, GLC, ILS and do just fine in their careers.
Till then work hard.
The T2 NLUs know they are nothing great, but kids from NLSIU, NALSAR, NLUJ, NUJS, their entire identity revolves around them being from such college.. move on
This story goes back to the days when I joined a boutique firm in Delhi. All the associates (except for me) and senior associates were from some of the lesser-known law schools in the country. These people used to make such snarky comments about me that, had it been a non-professional setting, I would have broken their jaws. Their behavior reeks of insecurity in general; they lack confidence in themselves.
Before working with non-NLU people, I believed that everyone should be treated with respect and dignity. However, after working with these non-NLU people, I have changed my view. Now I believe that since we are all competing, I should do everything within the boundaries of ethics and morality to put these non-NLU people in their place. Most of them seem to have a grudge against NLU people from the first meeting itself.
Also, I have worked with NLU people also, my equation with them is different, they are not insecure, at most they are competitive in a healthy way
P.S: Insaan ko insaan ki tarah treat karo toh voh sir par chadh jaata hai
Maybe you are given off that vibe to others?
It could be a one-off experience; however, would love to hear everyone's opinions.