Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
How important are internships for a career in academia? Do they check internships or work experience when applying for teaching roles in universities?
Cant have a career in academia without LLMs and PhDs, for those you need recommendation letters. A good way to get them is internships in research organisations and with some lawyers and NGOs. Its better to do something than nothing.
Not OP. But if I am pursuing PhD currently, should I join research institutes for internships in the vacations ? I get a month off from PhD and teaching work .
If you have time and mind space, definitely do it. It is a great way to build professional networks.
That is certainly one thing you could be doing. Another would be to develop your publication/conference presentation portfolio. Present your work at conferences, that's another way of developing your academic network.