We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
I'll summarize it in brief. Initially I was interested in corporate and used to take up a lot of online legal writing internships to get some publications thinking it would help.. but it did not help. So I just went with the flow and took whatever random internships I could secure with help of our placement cell and sites like Law bhoomi and Lawoctopus. Now I have done 4 offline internships during law school.. Disputes at a T1 firm, IP at a boutique law firm, IP internship at FICCI, and one internship at some Z tier boutique firm where I got random and diverse work. The online ones were all legal writing or drafting ones. Is it possible for me to join a law firm or an in house counsel role? If yes then what skills I must develop beforehand and if not then what else shall I do? The point is that I want to start working and more importantly earning ASAP while I figure out life cause being both jobless and lost would be bad for mental health.
Looking forward to your insights!