Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
NLUO, NUALS etc are tier 3 only. NUALS shouldn't be called tier 3 in fact.
Isn't it a tier 3 college? Do students from hnlu/rml stand a chance then?
You should read posts more carefully. Nobody argued that institutional advantage doesn't exist. The comment was in response to the claim that it's not possible to get Rhodes from a T2 NLU.
Then my guy T-1/T-2 does not matter and we should all go to DU instead, no?
Get off this fucking site and actually work hard, for a start!
What contacts? Don't think they were that big of contacts.
A person from a NALSAR or NLS will have chance to build such connects during their course too. Can't be said for T2 NLUs unfortunately, there you're on your own connects. Don't argue just for the sake of it. Institutional advantage is real.
Most Rhodes scholars had such contacts. In nobody's case did the institute play any significant role. So if you credit the other NLUs for the scholarship that their students got, the same should apply to NUALS.
The person in question had deep connects iykyk. They had a tag bigger than nuals helping them so T2 folks I'll tell you to not get misguided by such quacks. I mean sure if you too have similar connects but otherwise no.
NUALS has had a Rhodes scholar. So keep your uninformed opinion to yourself instead of misleading and discouraging others.
A 7-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
I am currently in a tier 2 NLU. I am interested in pursuing my masters from abroad. What should I do in order to submit a good application for Rhodes scholarship/ Cambridge?