We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
1. JGLS (received a call-letter)
2. SLS - Pune (received a call-letter)
3. HNLU Raipur - (applied for their vacant seats) [I have secured a low 2000s rank in my CLAT-PG and ]
Here's what I specifically am looking for from you people -
1. I have spent way too many hours on LI trying to get a sense of the above unis and there's a lot of information but not specifically for LLM.
2. I want to understand the extent and actual level of placements (for LLM) offered by the above unis.
3. I want to assure you that I understand that some of you might have a general broad opinion that none of these are particularly good, or, that JGLS is all marketing heavy, or, SLS has some other specific problem. After a few good hours going through all the threads and discussions about these unis here on LI, I understand the broad complaints and issues but that's not what I'm looking for.
I just want (read: requesting) a detailed, nuanced understanding of the placement scene for the LLM programmes irrespective of them potentially being minimal. If someone has information about even a couple of placements for LLM students from these unis, I'd love to know about it.
Or, at-least, what's the scope/stats for quality assessment-internships at these places.
4. If anyone's pursued an LLM in Tech/Cyber/IT/TMT Law from these unis or any other Indian law schools, I'd love to know your insights too. How was it overall? How were the placements? Where are you working at the moment and how are future prospects?
Thank You.
P.S - Please, for the love of god, kindly refrain from giving me options that aren't these three unis (or) to not do an LLM and intern/work instead etc